1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Protecters of the Faith (was Atlantis)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game IV: Citizens' started by AluminumKnight, Feb 28, 2008.

1. croxis

croxis Chat room op

We must create glorious monuments to our gods, we must make sure we can build them quickly to impress the other factions

2. Diamondeye

Diamondeye So Happy I Could Die

I like the Red and Purple locations best.

3. Strider

Strider In Retrospect

Factions and Guilds may now take part (as a group) in the Church of Giruvegan Gambit system. This will allow the group to earn prestige with the church.

To take part choose one of the following "gambits" that most closely aligns to your group:

Loyal
    Adventurous
    Intellectual
    Leader

4. civplayah

civplayah phantasm

As you might know, I have created a faction honor system. Check it out and please make nominations.

5. Diamondeye

Since we are the "religious" faction, I would suggest us being "loyal" or "leader", preferably the first. Anyone against?

6. AluminumKnight

AluminumKnight Conquistador

I was thinking Leader, though Loyal might be good too.

7. Ballazic

Ballazic King

I know Im not in your faction and please I hope Im not overstepping my boundaries. The Dyeport has two hills plus a bunch of forests. I think unquestionably with your commerce rate there you will be able to have the moai statues. Needless to say you guys will be able get what you need.

8. AluminumKnight

I understand your concern, Ballazic. Like I said in the gameplay discussion of tech thread, I am not ignoring your input.

Anyway, I am meeting soon with the Triad Chamber (or whoever fills in) to discuss the issue of our next city. I would like to hear what you guys think. Are we satisfied with the Dye port? Do we want to grab the Bronze-Ivory-Gold city? Ballazic has informed me that he can't guarantee support from his workers if we build too far away, so we should take that into consideration.

9. croxis

croxis Chat room op

Will the tusks of the great beasts and the shiny bing bing help us build any wonders faster in the near future? Will we be closer to harm? Will it put us in a position to greatly expand our culture and ways to impress, maybe convert, those near us?

10. Diamondeye

After further consideration, the red spot seems less and less attracting. I would suggest the area north-west of Arete with lots of resources (Purple? Forgot :p)

11. AluminumKnight

Yeah, purple. Or Paradise Hills, as they have been named. Fitting for our city, I think. I'm decided on this location, so now all I have to do is find a time for the turnchat.

12. AluminumKnight

Tenative Faith city build queue (NOTE that this is the general idea, subject to change):

1. Archer for city defense (if Archery not done, will begin worker until able to build archer)
    (at this time, the Prochon Warband can leave in order to serve on the front lines)
    2. Archer to protect resources
    3. Monument OR worker depending on size
    4. Monument OR worker depending on #3

Comments/ideas? I plan on going over the exact food/production count later today and possibly revising.

13. AluminumKnight

Also, I would like to request that one of the Faithful remain in Arete when we leave to settle New Giruvegan (you can then call yourself the "Faithful of Arete") in order to be our representative there. Any volunteers?

14. civplayah

civplayah phantasm

As Voice of Faith, I think it is fitting for me to do that job.

15. croxis

croxis Chat room op

I have heard from those who are out wandering that they found a place with some big rocks. I urge my fellow members to settle close to these rocks so we can build our fantastic monuments. I fear this upcoming war caused without provcation will hinder our own greatness.

16. AluminumKnight

Per our land ownership policy detailed in the first post in this thread, I will be designating stewards for some of the plots in the territory of New Giruvegan.

1. I will be steward of the Bronze hill, since I am also the member of the Monks of Magma for bronze.

2. Diamondeye is hereby appointed to be the steward of the gold hill.

3. croxis is hereby appointed to be the steward of the rice tile.

REMEMBER that stewardship is not the same as ownership. This land belongs to the gods and spirits, and we will not pretend to be masters over it. We are merely utilizing the gifts we have been given. This means that I can override any decision you make regarding your land ((Don't worry, I don't plan on interfering unless you do something dumb)).

However, this also means that any citizen is allowed to venture, make his home, and work where he will, without fear of trespassing on another's land. In the case of tiles under stewardship, the steward is in charge of the resources themselves and the land needed to sustain them, but not all of the surrounding land (for instance, if you want to live on the gold hill, go ahead, but you would need to petition Diamondeye in order to use the gold).

17. Diamondeye

Good decisions all. I will make sure the gold is taken care of :)devil:), no seriously, that sounds fine to me.

18. croxis

croxis Chat room op

I lack fish for sushi.

19. AluminumKnight

Unfortunately, we are landlocked :(

20. AluminumKnight

In the face of the upcoming elections, it is time to have our own elections as well. I will not be seeking re-election, as it's time to get some fresh blood in, as well as my participation has gone down. Therefore, I nominate Diamondeye for the new Head of Faith.