Prove that God doesn't exist

Mark Young

Formerly Sir Eric
There is a lot of critism of religions in general lately so my challenge is to PROVE that God DOESN'T exist.
I have stated categorically that I cant prove that God exists, But, can you prove that he doesn't?

Now for this to be qualified as serious there must be a criteria for proving that He doesn't exist.

The criteria
Firstly what will NOT be accepted as proof.

1) Opinions. Your opion is important but it is not considerd proof.
2) Shooting down someone else's response
3) Point of views, ideas, etc.
4) Quoting from unconfirmable sources.

What will be considered Proof.

1) Eye witness account(s)
2) Documented recording(s) or any type of literature that can catergorically prove that God doesn't exist.
3) An encounter. If you can PROVE that you have had an encounter with God this will be accepted SO LONG as you can produce at least 3 credible witness' that can back up what you are saying.

If anyone has any other criteria that they thinks is relevant then please say so and I will try and include it if it isn't too silly.

edit: De-personalised the thread name and subject.

Widely accepted scientific theories should count.

This thread is pointless, as personal battle threads are forbidden on CFC.
I refuse to be part of this kind of conflict.

You have totally avoided my point and created a copycat thread.
Come back to my thread and satisfactorily answer my question.

Until you do that, I will give you not one word of debate.
It's not childishness, just fair and honourable chivalry.

Something you seem to dismiss.

Until you to face up to your convictions,
Good day.

Which god do you want us to prove to not exist?

My mistake and I apologise, I have taken the personal conflict out of this thread but it is still a valid topic.

I expect you to step up to the challenge and prove your point.

I think there's a reason courts ask people to proove things that are rather than things that aren't. How am I supposed to prove that? By bringing witnesses who haven't seen god? :rolleyes:

However, I do refer you to the monkey trial, where quite a few "problems" with the bible and god were shown.

The same rules apply to God as apply to weapons of mass destruction...

If you want people to believe, then you'll have to prove God exists, not simply accept it because it hasn't been proven otherwise.

Actually no, WMDs were to prooven to exist prior to the gulf war, thus legaly the next move must be done by the defence - ie proove that they've been destroyed. Had god's existence been proven before, we now had to proove he stopped existing.

Originally posted by Sir Eric
My mistake and I apologise, I have taken the personal conflict out of this thread but it is still a valid topic.

I expect you to step up to the challenge and prove your point.

OK, I wish to apologise too for any grating words I issued.

I have a fair offer for you on my thread.
Answer it and I will deabte on this thread.

:)

@G-Man,
If the USA want to justify going to war with Iraq, they have to prove that the weapons of mass destruction existed.

Originally posted by phoenix_night
@G-Man,
If the USA want to justify going to war with Iraq, they have to prove that the weapons of mass destruction existed.

Not according to any justice system.

Originally posted by G-Man

Not according to any justice system.

What?! Seriously, what? How the hell is this war just if Iraq didn't even have weapons of mass destruction? Do we take GWB's word for it? Don't we need evidence anymore?

We don't have to proove something does not exist (or we will have to spend time in prooving that pink elephants are not flying above us :D[inside joke}), you have to proove something does exist.

Originally posted by phoenix_night
What?! Seriously, what? How the hell is this war just if Iraq didn't even have weapons of mass destruction? Do we take GWB's word for it? Don't we need evidence anymore?

Care to read my posts before replying to them? Once it's been prooven that Iraq had WMDs it's up to them to prove they've destroyed it. That's the legal way, and that's BTW what the UN said as well.

Originally posted by nivi
We don't have to proove something does not exist (or we will have to spend time in prooving that pink elephants are not flying above us :D[inside joke}), you have to proove something does exist.

Well it can work both ways in certain circumstances.
For instance, Magellan proved that the world was round whilst at the same time disproved that the world was flat.
You are right it would be the long way of doing things but it would prove a point.

Originally posted by Sir Eric
Well it can work both ways in certain circumstances.
For instance, Magellan proved that the world was round whilst at the same time disproved that the world was flat.
You are right it would be the long way of doing things but it would prove a point.

Magellan was in a different situation. The world must have some shape, so by prooving it's round he disproved any other shape. You can't do the same with god.

There can only be uncertainty in the existence of something until it has been proven to exist. It is impossible to prove that God does not exist much like it is impossible to prove that the leprechaun on my shoulder doesn't exist (no other eye witnesses unfortunately).

If you really think there is a god out there that cares for us, how do you explain child molesters?

Top Bottom