Province of Kashmir - Term 5

Toasty

Old Guard
Kashmir: Population 12,762,000.

This is the term 5 thread for the Phoenatican Province, Kashmir.

Kashmir is home to several luxuries and resources--possibly even enough to supply a small country. They include saltpeter, coal, aluminum, uranium, horses, oil, spices and gems. Kashmir also has a rather large population game-wise, with several metropolises and its own resort at Sunshine Beach.

Kashmir build queues (courtesy of Cyc):

1. St Regis - change to Cathedral (rush), MT, RC, Colosseum
2. Gandasetaigon - change to Hospital, University, MT, RC
3. Hieraconpolis - change to Hospital, MT, Cathedral
4. Heliopolis - change to RC, MP, Jet Fighter, JF, JF, JF
5. Alexandria - change to RC, SAM, MP
6. Cyrus - change to MT, RC, Cathedral, SAM
7. Oka - change to bank, Research Lab, Wealth
8. CSIM - change to MT, University, Police Station, Bank
9. Chondote - Cathedral (C), MT, University
10. Ephesus - Harbor (C), Aqueduct, Marketplace
11. Thessalonica - change to Cathedral (rush), Hospital
12. Herakleia - change to Cathedral (rush), Colosseum, Univ.
13. Sunshine Beach - Aqueduct (C), Harbor, University
14. Delphi - change to MT, RC, SAM, Coloseum, Courthouse.

Civil Construction
There will be a completion of a railroad between Delphi and Hieraconpolis.

Provincial Mayors:king:
Cyrus - Cyc
Delphi - disorganizer
Sunshine Beach - trader/warrior
Heliopolis - Zarn
Herakleia - Toasty

All others, to my knowledge, are avaliable.

Provincial Counties

Counties are groups of cities, and while Kashmir only has one, I think it would be a good idea to promote the creation of them not only here but in other provinces/locations throughout the country. By request, I am providing the link to our only county, and hopefully we will get a few more up :).

Delphi County is run by disorganizer and includes the cities of Delphi and Sunshine Beach.

Major Provincial Issues

City Build Queues
Early on some mistakes were made by me in building some city queues. If you are a mayor, or a member of a city, and have a problem with the build queues, pleace get in touch with me as soon as possible.

Kashmir Needs a Flag!
Cyc has chosen to remove what was his "temporary flag" with the foundation of the province. A thread, with an application form, will be started in the citizen's forum shortly. All flags with the filled out application will be made to post on the thread. After a decided date a poll will be set up with all of the participants' flags on display. So, for all you budding digital artists, nows your chance! Get to work!

Update: The thread can be found here.

Underpopulation caused by lack of mayors?
Are you looking to move up in this country? Looking for an entry-level position, but missed the elections? Don't be afraid to sign up for a mayoral position in Kashmir. A lack of publications seems to be causing a slight lack in the total population for the citizens of Kashmir, and mayors filling in positions and setting up threads for their cities would help this very much. Kashmir has several metropolis-class cities, so there are plenty of opportunities for quick power.

Complaints? Objections? Suggestions?
If you want a build queue change, a mayoral position, or a notice in our major issues area, please do not shy away from PMing me or posting on this thread. From criticism comes self-awareness, and from self-awareness comes self-improvement. All activity for Kashmir's citizens is encouraged.

What a fine Provincial thread. I see we have elected an outstanding Governor. We warmly welcome our new Governor, Toasty.

Hmmmm.....my suggestions for Hekiopolis were not good. I understand, but next time, please tell me. Ty.

Er, sorry. Yes, I figured that Heliopolis' pollution was no worse than any other of the major cities, and that...oh, shoot, I can't remember what your second queue was. But at any rate, the whole queue thing has been rather messy for me, and I haven't been able to stay on top of it completely, and I apologize.

EDIT: Thanks Cyrus. I'm working hard :).

The reason why I was concerned about pollution is that the metro is next to a national park.

edit: the other was for spaceships parts that might need to be produced.

I understand your concerns on the pollution, but we will have many workers in the area without jobs that will be able to clean it up quickly. Also, by the time it would put out significant pollution, the game will already have won.

Zarn, have you made a thread for Heliopolis yet? I'd appreciate it if you did if you haven't.

I would propose having the link for delphi city replaced by a link to delphi county (where you find delphi and sunshine beach build queues). maybe you should also add some other pics to the thread, like the national parks and things like that ;-)

but i must admit it was good choosing you as governor, as the first time we have a good provincial thread.

maybe i find time to make a political map (like the ameri-one) or talk someone into it.

i would also prefer removal of the research lab of the sunshine beach build queue to resprect the status of the spice bay recreational area (the labs produces pollution).

Governor, as the minister of trade, I'd like to ask you to build harbors in Chondote, CSIM and St. Regis. These are all important cities, and I want to make sure that they will stay connected to the trade network. Besides connecting the cities to the trade network, the harbors will provide a food bonus. Please do this as soon as possible.

Have we started a new turn chat?

Also, I kind of feel like I'm throwing Chieftess around with all these build queue changes, so if they pile up it's just because I want to deliver them all at once.

Disorganizer, I recently cleaned off my hard drive and seem to have deleted the savegame for the DemoGame, so if you could refresh my memory, does Sunshine Beach already have a harbor? And would you be opposed to building one instead of a lab?

Octavian, we will work towards the harbor contruction but it may take a while. They won't be high on the priority list but they will be on it, I promise.

Also Zarn, the tanks should only take 10-15 turns to complete because of Heliopolis' huge production. I think I might actually have to contact YOU about getting SS part construction clearance, but if it is still needed we will undergo your suggested queue.

And thanks all, just put in your two cents on the new flag thread so we can really get rolling.

Ty Toasty. I will wait the turn amount, then we would discuss this again. Please use the Heliopolis thread, when it cocerns the city. Again, Thank you.:)

Toasty:
no harbor in sunshine beach yet. will take 16 turns from scratch at the moment.
harbor will be ok, as it does not produce pollution.

Toasty, the turn chat is today, in 1 hour. :) (gee, that sounded like the Term 1 notices. ;))

Sorry I can't (couldn't?) make it. I'm in Tennessee away from my home. If ANYONE from the province would be willing to make a replacement for me I would be EXTREMELY appreciative. Thanks.

Toasty, I put together build queues for you. I can't believe I'm doing this. Never again. I'd much rather see the empire in smouldering embers than with weak Leaders.

Copy and paste these into the Turn Chat Instructions for 1800ad before Wednesday 11:59pm GMT.

Build Queues for Kashmir Province:

1. St Regis - change to Cathedral, MT, RC, Colosseum
2. Gandasetaigon - change to Hospital, University, MT, RC
3. Hieraconpolis - change to Hospital, MT, Cathedral
4. Heliopolis - change to RC, MP, Jet Fighter, JF, JF, JF
5. Alexandria - change to RC, SAM, MP
6. Cyrus - change to MT, RC, Cathedral, SAM
7. Oka - change to bank, Research Lab, Wealth
8. CSIM - change to MT, University, Police Station, Bank
9. Chondote - Cathedral (C), MT, University
10. Ephesus - Harbor (C), Aqueduct, Marketplace
11. Thessalonica - change to Cathedral, Hospital
12. Herakleia - change to Cathedral, Colosseum, Univ.
13. Sunshine Beach - Aqueduct (C), Harbor, University
14. Delphi - change to MT, RC, SAM, Coloseum, Courthouse

NOTE: MT = Mass Transit, RC = Recycling Center,
MP = Manufacturing Plant

Heliopolis can be switched to Spaceship Parts anytime after the RC.
Sunshine Beach needs the grasslands irrigated.
Sell the walls in Cyrus for 2 gold.
sell the Factory in Delphi for 30 gold.

Argh! Again i see the research lab in the delphi-queue. Please delete immidiately and use the proposed queue as complied to by the governor.

Dis - I just put that in there to piss you off, :) after having read that you thought my provincial thread was no good. Sorry, I didn't take the time to make it pretty, I always thought content was more important.

Anyway, the change is made. A word of advice...don't just post your proposed build queues in the County thread. Post them in the Province thread also. When you just keep them in the County thread and say "Come and get them" you're asking for trouble.

Hehe... they are in term4 thread ;-) They even were in the 1st post of this thread!
Cyc: Maybe our literacy campaign should help you read the posts :p [just joking!]

I tend to keep them in a single place an post updates with links in here rather than to post them in here very time.

And where did i say your thread was NO good?

Top Bottom