Provoke AI War With Me?

reaperrar

Chieftain
How might I guarantee the AI will want to go to war with me asap.

I've my sights on Russia who is culture and religion focused and settled on a seperate continent to me. He is already very unhappy with me.

I'm amassing apostles to come storm his territory but I'm worried it won't be enough.

I have a superior and more advanced army sitting out in the ocean out of sight ready to move in as soon as commits to war.

I wouldn't worry much, starting wars that they can't win is the AI's specialty. In my last game Russia declared war on me early, with their entire army of 2 warriors.

Converting their cities against their wishes seems to do the trick nicely. Settling up on them too.

I'm to the point of not caring much about diplomacy anymore. The AI's always eventually denounce me whether I'm aggressive or not. Might as well not even bother with trying to be nice - just put the smack down and ESC thru the never ending denouncing..

Russia may be tougher as he likes people who are more advanced than him so unless you are prepared to fall behind he will get positive modifiers to relationship.

Trying finding out what's his secondary agenda is and do something against it.

How might I guarantee the AI will want to go to war with me asap.
Why do you want him to declare? Just DoW him yourself. If you take his cities, everyone will hate you anyway as it seems even the slightest warmonger penalty is too much for the AIs (which doesn't stop them from starting wars all over the place).
In fact, everybody will likely hate you even if you don't go to war!

Be a ruthless conqueror, pillage, burn and kill them, at least you'll know why they denounce you:viking:

I wouldn't worry much, starting wars that they can't win is the AI's specialty. In my last game Russia declared war on me early, with their entire army of 2 warriors.
Ridiculous, who designed this game to make it so stupid?

Why do you want him to declare? Just DoW him yourself. If you take his cities, everyone will hate you anyway as it seems even the slightest warmonger penalty is too much for the AIs (which doesn't stop them from starting wars all over the place).
In fact, everybody will likely hate you even if you don't go to war!

Be a ruthless conqueror, pillage, burn and kill them, at least you'll know why they denounce you:viking:

I have found the warmonger penalty to be more complex than that. If you take his cities in a defensive war, it will only impact relations with civs that like him. Civs that denounced him already won't care.

Ridiculous, who designed this game to make it so stupid?
This was likely an extremely early war. I've seen this to : the AI will hate you very early (because of Agenda) and DoW you (because of no warmonger penalty) but won't really try to take a city.
We also DoW early without conquest plans so it's not that stupid. Of course they would be better surprise DoWing when they can steal a worker (or settler) like we do, but that's about the extend of their stupidity. Wars in Civ6 are not necessarily supposed to end with a city capture.

Hey Guys! I'm new to this forum so not sure if it's the right place to ask but I'm very curious about this situation I got myself into.
I'm playing as the Nuke Lord (Gandhi) and was for a change very peaceful and I thought I won't fight.
In my neighborhood, I have Gorgo and Viking guy, and in the classical era, the viking dude declared a surprise war on me.
In response, I fought well as I had money and now I seized his only city (capital). Now I'm tempted to capture it but was wondering that if it'll give me the warmonger penalty or no?
He declared war on me but if I counter attack, and capture his city, will I be the warmonger (Just like civ5)?

Kindly Advise... Cheers!!

You can defend yourself penalty-free but if you counterattack and capture a city, you will be penalized.

Ahh, that sucks.. I guess I'll wait for him to surrender and hopefully I'll be able to plunder his gold and resources the Gandhi way (peaceful) LOL

Thanks for your feedback Top!

Top Bottom