PS4 game error for Civ 6

Newbomb

Chieftain
I played the game this morning with no problems. This afternoon it crashes when I try to load it up. Error is
CE-34878-0.

I have checked for both hardware updates and game updates and it has found none.

I feel like I threw away my money with the game. I started another game and after a few saves etc. it also will not load and gives the same error. Who do I complain to to rectify this problem?

I feel like I threw away my money with the game. I started another game and after a few saves etc. it also will not load and gives the same error. Who do I complain to to rectify this problem?

I posted a thread onto this forum recently, regarding these very issues. Here is the direct quote, with the more relevant parts highlighted in bold:

I would advise anyone who is still experiencing console crashes related to Civilization VI to contact the publisher (2K).

If the title was purchased digitally and you are not satisfied with their response, I recommend that you refer the matter onto Microsoft (XBox) or Sony (PS4) for a refund.

I have spent over six (6) weeks pursuing the matter through various avenues and was finally granted a refund for my purchase.

It is unfortunate that the publisher seems to be in denial that these issues are occurring for a (possibly small) number of users and also, that the console manufacturer(s) claim that no other users besides myself, have contacted them regarding the issue.

Civilization VI has the potential to be a GREAT title (and this post is not designed to deter most people from experiencing it) but I don’t see it meeting these expectations for users who are still experiencing any ongoing issues. These issues will only continue to occur in the interim until the matter is first acknowledged and then addressed.”

I freely confess I only own a PS4 for Video Golf, but recently got the full Civ6 set for it as well, just for fun to compare against the PC version.
The biggest issue with console games is that Sony will try to blame the developers, who in turn will blame Sony & each will tell you to report it to the other, or some will even try to tell you to do things such as delete cache on a PS4 (there isn't one).
I was having dreadful issues with one of the golf titles, and the developers were always telling me to attach this, that & the other & send console crash reports to them - but I could not find a way to send reports to anybody other than Sony off the console, or by email to the game developers.
All the time one can blame the other and get away with it, nothing will ever be done.

I freely confess I only own a PS4 for Video Golf, but recently got the full Civ6 set for it as well, just for fun to compare against the PC version.
The biggest issue with console games is that Sony will try to blame the developers, who in turn will blame Sony & each will tell you to report it to the other, or some will even try to tell you to do things such as delete cache on a PS4 (there isn't one).
I was having dreadful issues with one of the golf titles, and the developers were always telling me to attach this, that & the other & send console crash reports to them - but I could not find a way to send reports to anybody other than Sony off the console, or by email to the game developers.
All the time one can blame the other and get away with it, nothing will ever be done.

Yes, I would have to agree. I was well prepared for that tactic, which is why I initially contacted the game publisher to seek assistance. It was very clear from the outset that their service staff only offer ‘cut and paste’ responses. After some back and forth, they requested evidence of problems experienced with the game. After it was provided, they went silent for a few days and then stated it was a matter for Sony as the console needed to be “fixed”!?:rolleyes:

Completely laughable experience overall, and I must say in my multiple decades of gaming this would have to be THE most frequently error prone title I have ever encountered...

Although I received a refund in the end :goodjob:, these problems will only keep occurring in some form or another and won’t be rectified if people don’t insist on having their money returned (which is an absolute shame, as I would have been quite willing to support the title over its lifespan with the continued release of paid DLC).

Cheers

Since it was released for consoles, it is only a scam, with updates and a base cost that reach 130.00 euros / dollars for a game that doesn't work and crashes continuously. The most horrifying thing is the obvious bad faith of 2K support which only makes fun of you knowing full well that the game doesn't work and probably never will. Simply shameful

They are obscene, perfectly aware of the unplayability of the title, they continue to advertise new paid expansions that don't work .. haha they are miserable - but a complaint is coming thieves and incompetents

Both of the above comments are sadly spot on.
The 'support' offered is frankly a joke, and absolutely inadequate & unfit for purpose.

Top Bottom