1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

PS4 How to use gold in the city?

Discussion in 'Civ 6 - Consoles' started by Nevermind79, Jun 7, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Nevermind79

Nevermind79 Chieftain

Hi, I have the basic CIV6 version on PS4 and I am able to use it with the controller, except the gold in a city, per example acquiring o completing a unit or building, etc...Any suggestion?

2. Falkman

Falkman Chieftain

If you have gold and want to use it to purchase a unit, simply open up the city where you want to purchase the unit and move to the unit you want to buy. If you look at the unit tooltip it will say something like X button to purchase it with production, R1 button to purchase it for gold. So just press the R1 button while having your cursor on the unit you want to buy and it should appear in your city.

3. Ekin

Ekin Chieftain

I think R1 L1 buy options are only on expansion packs. But I am not sure.

4. HiRezAudio

HiRezAudio Warlord

Nope.
    I started off with the base game on PS4 at first (whilst having the full 'everything I can grab' version on PC) just to see how it felt on a console, plus I have a PS4 co-player who wanted Civ lessons as well.
    Buying with both Faith & Gold was available to me in the base game. You simply go to the same method that you use when changing production in any city, scroll to the unit (or building) you want & buy it instead of build it.