1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

PSA - Scouts can regain excavations by visiting a city

Discussion in 'CivBE - General Discussions' started by Mercarcher, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Mercarcher

Mercarcher Chieftain

None of the videos I watched showed this, but I you return to a city with your scout then it gets back it's excavation ability.

2. WiseGreen

WiseGreen Warlord

It wasn't there in the first builds, but it has already been there for some time, MadDjinn showed it in his last handful of LPs.

3. MechMedic130

MechMedic130 Warlord

Yeah I've seen it in Mad's play through's also. Good reminder though for those that didn't watch.

4. Jimbo30

Jimbo30 Prince

Yep I really like this ability, it adds a nice choice to how you operate explorers.

5. mnf

mnf King

And that Purity Lv.1 bonus. The ultimate colonist guardian and outpost garrison. The invulnerable excavation machine plus nest obliterator that give absolute no regard to the hordes of aliens. The blessed seafarer who rides the waves beside sea dragons and weaves the torrents between horrific krakens.

This bonus just doesn't make sense.

6. meowschwitz

meowschwitz Warlord

Thanks for this! I've built 4 different explorers just to get excavations. I could have spent that production somewhere else!

7. ferretbacon

ferretbacon Obsessor

:lol:

I know, right?

It's been out less than 24 hours and I'm already finding things they should switch around.

The first Purity bonus ought to become the first Harmony bonus. A Harmony Explorer being ignored by the wildlife makes much more sense. The first Harmony bonus ought to become the second, and the second (taking 5 less damage in Miasma) ought to be eliminated (as it obsoletes with the third, healing 5 in Miasma).

As for Purity? Perhaps the Explorer can excavate at double the speed? Maybe get a Pathfinder-like bonus where he can choose the boon to receive from Resource Pods?