PTW - Question about WWII Units

shramj

Fähnrich
I haven't gotten the PTW game yet but can you use the WWII as standard units in regular games? Or can you only use those units when playing the WWII Scenario? Also, how are the new WWII units, did they use any of the Forum units that people were submitting to Firaxis to use with PTW?

To use the new unit packs you need to make a scenario and add them in--they aren't available in the standard game. As far as I can tell, they didn't use any of the units from the forums.

Originally posted by shramj
I haven't gotten the PTW game yet but can you use the WWII as standard units in regular games? Or can you only use those units when playing the WWII Scenario? Also, how are the new WWII units, did they use any of the Forum units that people were submitting to Firaxis to use with PTW?

Sadly, there isn't any WWII scenario in PTW. The units were added as extras. They assumedly are for people to use in there own mods. The units are all new, nothing from these forums. They are generally very nice, though I could nitpick a few. There are previews of many/most on the TRT site at CDG.

Every unit in the WW2 folder is included in the TETurkhan mod, there are three version of the mod you can use. Furthermore each unit in my mod has sound stats, plus civilopedia text both which did not come with the unit themselves.

Originally posted by teturkhan
Every unit in the WW2 folder is included in the TETurkhan mod, there are three version of the mod you can use. Furthermore each unit in my mod has sound stats, plus civilopedia text both which did not come with the unit themselves.

Yah, but your mod is a whole history mod. :egypt: Which as it happens is exactly how I like to play ;) What I think shramj was asking about is a WWII scenario. Just the war played out with WWII units. PTW has no such scenario, unless I'm blind and missed it. :confused:

Top Bottom