Land of Punt

Punt civilization 2.1

Rob (R8XFT)

Ancient Briton
Retired Moderator

Punt civilization

Leader: Queen Ati

Civilization Trait: Souks of Ta-Netjer: Floodplains do not block placement of commercial hubs, which are provided with an adjacency bonus from all floodplain and oasis tiles. +1 gold for each city following Punt's religion.

Leader Trait: Queen of Pwenet: Gains an additional economic government slot. Incoming trade routes from other civilizations provide +2 gold for the Punt.

Leader Agenda: Money Gubber: Ati tries to have the highest income; she likes civilizations with a high income, but doesn't like civilizations with a low income.

Unique unit: Pwenet Tribesman (replaces archer): Faster than the archer and has no upkeep costs.

Unique building: Stele (replaces monument): In addition to the monument's culture bonus, the stele creates +2 housing.

This is a complete civilization, including diplo screen, diplomacy text, artwork. Thanks to deliverator for the Pwenet Tribesman (based on his Hyksos Bowman) and to Numitor for the Punt icon.

Last edited:
Does the game differentiate between the Punt_text.xml and Punt_Config_Text.xml files? Some things like the civilization and leader name are doubled in these files. Good job, and I agree, it looks balanced!

Does the game differentiate between the Punt_text.xml and Punt_Config_Text.xml files? Some things like the civilization and leader name are doubled in these files. Good job, and I agree, it looks balanced!
It does. The game requires the config text for the initial game set-up and dawn of man screen, then requires the regular text for the game itself. If you check the MODINFO file, you'll see these are defined separately. In Civ 5 any duplication meant neither text file would load, but it doesn't seem to be the case in Civ 6 as long as they are defined separately.

Dose the art default to Teddy and Celo automatically or is some file changed?, Im not seeing anything like that in the files. (Im trying to create a civ based off this, and the issue Im running into is a crash when the loading screen is supposed to appear and I noticed there isnt anything to say what screen to load in the files)

When you get the leader art ready Eti needs to be ridiculously fat

because the egyptians thought it was awesome and her image at jeser jeseru (iirc) is one of the few possibly only realistic to life piece of egyptian art

It's not going to happen. Call it artistic license or whatever you want. I was aware of the image you've attached, but I'm keeping her as she is thank-you.

awe, c'mon, when Ma'at Kah Re Hapshepshut sent the mission to Punt she felt it necessary to report three things about it to her people on Jeser Jeseru, 1 There was Frankincense, 2 There was Myrr and 3 Holy horsehocky their Queen was super fat!

Can you at least make an artifact, "The Fat Queen of Punt" giving 1 tourism in the ancient era?

I don't think that the artifact is appropriate. When we are able to add art and resources, I may make the "Queen of Pwenet" have the +2 gold component and three units of frankincense - then give the free government slot to Parahu as an alternative leader.

Many thanks for making this Mod Rob, I was able to use it as a base to make my own Civ!

Thanks! thanks to you I've made a civ. I have a question about the modinfo file: your mod ID is <Mod id="0a806d19-cfc8-4054-9e52-4af173416045" version="1">.
Because I'd just rewritten your files, what can I do with your Mod ID? Do I need to change it or where can I find a new one (I don't have a mod editor other than civ 5 sdk)?

@Gedemo, the Mod ID needs to change or else your mod an Punt will be incompatible. As far as the change goes, you only have to change a single value and it should work. It did for me anyway.

@rob, thanks from me too. I never got more than a successful map from Civ 5 but I've already got the base of a civ working now. Just need to implement the various abilities.

Punt civilization

Hello! I am interested to add new topic about new civilization "Ukraine", but I can't create new topec in upper folder. Can you please create it, as you made it with Punt civilization?
Name will be "Ukraine as new civilization in Civ6" and I will add new info there.
Please help me, it is important.

I love this mod. Personally, I'd add my name to the preference for a plus-sized ruler, but it's not that important to me compared to your wonderful skills in modding. What I have noticed (as I started on an island) is that Workers seem unable to embark as quickly as the Builders they replace. Builders embark at sailing, my Worker had to wait until Shipbuilding. Not sure if this is deliberate or not. Thanks again.

Punt civilization

Hello! I am interested to add new topic about new civilization "Ukraine", but I can't create new topec in upper folder. Can you please create it, as you made it with Punt civilization?
Name will be "Ukraine as new civilization in Civ6" and I will add new info there.
Please help me, it is important.

You can only start a thread in this forum if you have a working mod to post. If you have, then you need to add it as a resource and the thread will open for you. If you're at the discussion stage, then you will need to open a thread in the main Creation and Customisation forum - you'll find that you're able to do so there.

I love this mod. Personally, I'd add my name to the preference for a plus-sized ruler, but it's not that important to me compared to your wonderful skills in modding. What I have noticed (as I started on an island) is that Workers seem unable to embark as quickly as the Builders they replace. Builders embark at sailing, my Worker had to wait until Shipbuilding. Not sure if this is deliberate or not. Thanks again.
It wasn't deliberate - I'll look into that.

Top Bottom