Puppets. Any evidence they'll return in Civ 6?

Depravo

Siring Bastards
I haven't seen any indication they're back but may have missed something.

Cheers

No indication that I've seen. I hope not. But there is some indication that you can "occupy" a city during a war and then after the war conclude give it back to its owner for a warmonger penalty reduction, so there may be some additional mechanic at work there. Maybe.

On a related note, is there any indication that there will be vassal-type relationships between Civs?

On a related note, is there any indication that there will be vassal-type relationships between Civs?

None. It seems that city-states occupy that part of the game now, as enough envoys is supposed to effectively make a city-state your vassal.

To be more specific, the highest status you can reach with a city-state is "suzerain", which under all definitions I can find effectively makes you the master of a vassal.

I haven't seen any indication they're back but may have missed something.

Cheers

There's an indication that they've been removed:

Quill captured two or three cities during his videos.
In the case of the conquered city state, he was able to liberate it back to the former owners.

For the originally built Egyptian cities, his only options were keep (for now) or raze.
(The developers noted earlier something about at the peace conference being able to return captured cities or permanently keep them)

None. It seems that city-states occupy that part of the game now, as enough envoys is supposed to effectively make a city-state your vassal.

To be more specific, the highest status you can reach with a city-state is "suzerain", which under all definitions I can find effectively makes you the master of a vassal.

Indeed, Quill was able to pay gold a city state he had this status with to take control of their army for twenty turns. The developers also mentioned this ability and in fact suggested the obvious tactic of using this borrowed army as cannon fodder.

It's not really useful considering the only point of puppets was to not get hit by the unhapiness of a freshly acquired city and the culture penality.

With both of these gone puppets have no purpose.

Much more importantly, be able to continue building your national wonder instead of construction of it coming to a halt because you've captured a city and a required building for your wonder was burned down the conquest.

Since there is no global happiness or culture penalty per city, the reasons they were in CiV are gone (except from the warmonger penalty). So I'm guessing they're not in.

Good news, never liked the puppet System. Now we can just que up the most important districts and then leave them be our min Max the hell out of all cities of you are in the mood

I'm happy to see puppets disappear. Watching the AI governor queue up caravansaries in island cities wasn't much fun.

Top Bottom