1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Puppy thrower removed from Marine Corps

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by RoboPig, Jun 12, 2008.

1. philippe

philippe FYI, I chase trains.

Did you not read the "optimalisation" thread?
    or do you support that regime?

Silly-troll mobby, I literally took over the words by Ecofarm, becuase it's what he said about my post i agreed.

Or are you going to say Ecofarm thinks the Bush presidency is fascist?
    :lol:

2. Fox Mccloud

Fox Mccloud Deity

Well, I'm sorry I jumped to conclusions, but perhaps I can request that you use more words and description as to clarify the subject of which you speak and any meaning or intent within your posts? Looking back, the words which you do use about that do not reflect that subject with clarity and I did not know then and still am not sure now who you mean to use the term nazi to refer to by implication. As a matter of fact, I still do not know what "certain regime" and it's supporters you are refering to.

3. philippe

of course, it was a post fueled by vodka, exams time you know ;)

I meant about a certain nazi on this forum and his "optimalisation" thread. Go search for it. You'll understand why i'm so aghast vs that person.

4. Bill3000

Bill3000 OOOH NOOOOOOO! Supporter

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=274649&highlight=optimization

5. Fox Mccloud

Fox Mccloud Deity

Bill3000,

Thanks for the link. :thanx:

Ok, I can see now what you refered to. I didn't know anything about Chazumi, what he does or what he stands for or believes in and did not take his Hitler avatar as any indication of his beliefs.

6. Chazumi

Chazumi Trained& Motivated Killer

I accidentally broke this guys wall before this photo was taken (hey, they use plaster and I had a lot of gear on, it's hard to tell how much pressure you are applying to their construction) so I think he was pretty upset. I was pretty happy because we go the order to leave while this photo was being taken so I was in a particularly good mood.

7. Chazumi

My service in the middle east as an 11B and continued service come next year in Afghanistan does not need to be justified by people who doubt it. When your tax dollars fund my retirement I will be satisified. Though I suppose you are doing your part behind a desk in some half assed college. Good luck selling pinatas at corporate level.

My avatar stands. Not for what the individual believed in but for the fact that he did what pretty much nobody could acheive in the 20th century. Why should his image die because of what he stood for? Exactly.

Optimization. Get it right if you are going to rally against it.

Not all of us learn for a living, some of us start off doing what is natural to the human condition. Such as killing people without hesitation or remorse. And let's leave vodka out of this huh? What has it ever done to you? I don't see you doing more than investing in a university that tells you how to think rather than attempting to learn about the world with first hand experience.

They burned witches a hundred or so years ago you know. Things change abruptly.

Wait for the next Optimization thread. It will come, to those who wait. Refining is the essence of perfection.

8. Ecofarm

Ecofarm Deity

I thought the essence of Perfection was poo.

9. Chazumi

Teh Lofty encryptic message is understood shadowfoot. Well Done.

10. Defiant47

Defiant47 Peace Sentinel

Say what you want about what you did, I still can't know for sure. So until I actually meet you and you show me and tell me of your military experiences, I will continue to quote you as a source of first-hand experience in places you say you've been, although with the disclaimer "claim to".

11. MobBoss

MobBoss Off-Topic Overlord

No, I dont read every thread in the OT. Own what you post. I wasnt commenting about ecofam...I was commenting about what you said here.

12. nonconformist

nonconformist Miserable

If killing is the most natural thing of the human condition, thenh why are so many US soldiers comijng back with PTSD and shell-shock?

13. philippe

And I can't wait to demolish the arguements of a man who would sacrifice his own daughter for a regime that is a cancer.

14. nonconformist

nonconformist Miserable

To be fair, I've never known anyone over the age of 19 who had such a Nazi fetish.

15. Erik Mesoy

Erik Mesoy Core Tester / Intern

How quickly you forget, for example, the neo-Dolchstosslegende.
    Formula: Advocate some momentarily popular but reckless policy. Deny culpability when that policy is exposed as disastrous. Blame the disaster on internal enemies.

And your own jingoism:
    "Die Fahne hoch, die Reihen fest geschloßen..."

And the invocation of God on the military:

You claim a great dissimilarity and a great lack of evidence, but the above three points took me five minutes to write and most of that was uploading the images. I could go on for quite some time. Suffice to say that you are blind to history, although you do, perhaps unintentionally, state one truth: "it was a different generation of American leaders and soldiers". (Not that you give the Russians any credit for what you attribute to said leaders and soldiers, of course.) The current generation is rotten, blind men led by blind men, walking in at atmosphere of irresponsibility and Befehl ist Befehl!

16. Chazumi

Again with the whole sacrificing my daughter thing. I still don't understand where you even get this idea.

17. bhsup

bhsup Deity

Erik, I don't think anyone denies America has a touch of jingoism running through it. Just a touch, though. It's a healthy dose. :)

18. Gooblah

Gooblah Heh...

I don't want to get started on a jingoist debate. I hate Jingoists. Just so freaking much. Love your country. Serve your country, for all I care. But don't be all like "My country is number one, just look at it in [insert nation here]! It kicks ass! So what if it [insert heinous crime here] people? Those people just are teh suck!!!1!!!"

And really, how ever much the Nazis had to be stopped, it's not like the US didn't do some bad stuff either. After WWII, we screwed over Europe by helping the USSR split it into two halves; we funded probably dozens of dictators and "democratic" rebel groups to stop the flow of those "godless horrible redly menacing COMMIES!!!" who really weren't a threat to us. We helped split the world along ideological lines instead of helping to unite it in the face of Nazi defeat and unity during the last war. Not saying the USSR didn't do it either. But the first few years of the Cold War (where things could've been changed) were led by the same generation that freed Europe with the Russians.

19. bhsup

bhsup Deity

You've been the unfortunate recipient of revisionist history. Not sure what you can do about it at this point, unfortunately.

20. warpus

warpus In pork I trust

Jesus ain't here, dude.