Purity vs Supremacy

Yeah, there's more than one way to win with each branch. Warp Gate not required.

You can still win a Domination or First Contact victory with any of the affinity types.

Would be fun to "terraform" earth with the Harmony guys at the end ;D so they could use the warp gate too. I don't mind that too much.
I'm very curious how earth will look after what they said 2000 years alone or what.
That would be pretty evil. The Supremacy victory -- turning all of humanity into digital beings against their will -- is bad enough, but destroying all life on Earth to turn it into a duplicate of the alien planet? No thanks.

The way I understand the Supremacy ideology it wants to develop past ethic reasoning. Pure progress-oriented thinking doesn't care for philosophical statements.

You can't get past ethical concerns. Even valuing progress above all is a values choice. And it's not a particularly nice one, either.

You can still win a Domination or First Contact victory with any of the affinity types.

That would be pretty evil. The Supremacy victory -- turning all of humanity into digital beings against their will -- is bad enough, but destroying all life on Earth to turn it into a duplicate of the alien planet? No thanks.

There should also be an affinity type in be that helps make the domination victory a lot easier since domination can be done by all the social policies I think.

There should also be a social policy type in be that helps make the domination victory a lot easier since domination can be done by all the social policies I think.

Affinities=\= Social Policies

We don't know if social policies/civics/governments are in, but they are not identical to affinities.

...but destroying all life on Earth to turn it into a duplicate of the alien planet? No thanks.
Also, to me, that sounds like it goes against Harmony (as even the very word "harmony"). Harmony seems to be more about adapting yourself to your environment. Turning Earth into a copy doesn't match the spirit of "adapt yourself" - that's more "Alien Purity" as approach.

Or to be at ease with the new planet without turning themselves into horrible space monsters . . .

We're already monsters from the point of view of pretty much every other race on the planet, and as well as our own. How did every genocide victim ever feel about their executioners?

All we need to become space monsters is getting into space. Once we're there we get to chose which kind of monsters we want to be.

Top Bottom