Push button, time is recorded

Perfection

The Great Head.
DEAR NERDS.

I need a gizmo where you push a button and it records the time of said button push. No swiping or phone stuff or any of that BS. I need it cheap, durable, and fast. It must be small, and it must be able to record time independently of any other gizmo. A PC could be used to read the data afterwards.

OKAY GO!

Something raspberry pi based?
Does it need to be vandal proof, or is it for personal use? You could just hook up an old computer that sends an e-mail upon button press.

Something raspberry pi based?
Probably not, I'd need a case for it.

Does it need to be vandal proof, or is it for personal use? You could just hook up an old computer that sends an e-mail upon button press.
Personal use. PC is too bulky.

You want no support mobile device even if it's wireless? Something like the V.BTTN is the closest I can think of.
Support for mobile device is okay. I just would prefer it to record time-stamp of press independent of device availability. If it does have mobile support iOS is necessary.

A button/phone combo would run ~$100.
I'd prefer sub $40 solutions.

I'll check out V.BTTN. It's a little pricier but if I can get a dev kit for it, maybe it's worthwhile.

Old dumb phone (criminal phone...) that sends a text message? Can you even get cheap prepaid in the US?

Support for mobile device is okay. I just would prefer it to record time-stamp of press independent of device availability. If it does have mobile support iOS is necessary.

I'd prefer sub $40 solutions.

I'll check out V.BTTN. It's a little pricier but if I can get a dev kit for it, maybe it's worthwhile.

Blutooth connected buttons alone (V.BTTN or otherwise) should be significantly less than $100 if you already have a phone/ipod - my $100 estimate is for button plus supporting phone. If the button is stationary within bluetooth range (30') - a single phone can support multiple wireless buttons.

You probably have a stopwatch with a "lap" or "split" function already - will that do?

But it is a stopwatch that can record multiple events and can be read out by a computer afterwards. It is quite simple and would be easy to build, but I am not sure you can get it in a cheap and easy to use package.

Top Bottom