1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Put online players on different Continents

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Multiplayer' started by cyrilp, Nov 18, 2016.

1. cyrilp

cyrilp Chieftain

It would be great to be able to choose to have online players on different continents.

Is it possible ?

2. Quiet-Emerald

Quiet-Emerald Chieftain

I think it might be possible with a mod.

3. komodowaran

komodowaran Chieftain

It is possible with the map
    When making a map u got acces to a function where u can literly reed the player name and do somthing depending on it
    so u can do somthing like
    If(playername= a name of a ai)
    {
    // place it as a AI
    }
    else
    {
    // place it as a human
    }

// Or if u know the names of the players that wil be playing u can go

If(playername= a name of a ai)
    {
    place it as a AI
    }
    else if(playername= myname)
    {
    // place it as a human with legendary start+5 weat
    }
    else
    {
    //place as the other player
    }

This has not been posible in civ V but got possible in Civ VI

4. Exsertis

Exsertis Chieftain

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I have info that might still be of interest to the original poster.

A few months ago, I was interested in similar functionality (spreading human players apart in multiplayer games) and I was curious if any such mods existed. I remember coming across this thread during my search.

I couldn't find such a mod, so I wrote one myself. komodowaran was correct, it can be done! The mod is now available on CivFanatics here. It works by rearranging the human and AI starting positions, so that the human players are as spread out as possible.

cyrilp, you were specifically interested in putting online players on different continents. The mod doesn't have any specific functionality for this at the moment. However, if you play on a Continents map with two human players (and some number of AI players), it is very likely that the mod will place the two human players on different continents. The mod will search for the most distant starting positions to place the human players, and those positions are likely to be on different continents in that scenario.

If you have more than two human players, it is more likely that some of the human players will share the same landmass - but the mod would do its best to put some distance between them. For example, perhaps one human player on the shared continent would end up on the north end of continent, with another human player on the south end, and one or more AI players situated between them.