Puzzle Quest map 64x64

This maps is based on the world map from the game Puzzle Quest created by Infinite Interactive. It's 64x64 tiles and can seat fourteen players or less comfortably. Any more and some starting locations may be too close together or be in very bad locations, if that bothers you. Also has randomized resources and is for Beyond the Sword.
*Update* Version 2: Added some oasis and floodplains to areas that were difficult to use even when food resources were present.
*Update* Version 2.1 Adjusted placement of northern floodplains.
*Update* Version 3 Added a lot of oasis' and some grassland so the terrain is not so harsh.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=6813

Looks nice, but you should always try to attach a thumb or image in the main thread as well as the d/l area. It serves better to peak interest.

Attachments

• puzzle%20quest%20map_wYq.jpg
    puzzle%20quest%20map_wYq.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 849
I recently started a game with the map and I got one of the "bad" starting locations. It didn't place enough food resources to make it viable, at least to a human player that doesn't want to struggle from turn one. I restarted until I got an O.K. location but not a good one and I'll play it out and see if I and any civ in a bad location do proportionately bad and then place some oasis' out in the large plains areas and on the edge of deserts. I could probably use the placement of cities in the game the map comes from as a guide for oasis.

I've added a lot of oasis' scattered around some of the harsher areas to make them more livable without having to rely on the RNG to place food resources, and it should load into Fall from Heaven now.

Thanks, it does look like a good thematic map to use in FFH.

I've added a lot of oasis' scattered around some of the harsher areas to make them more livable without having to rely on the RNG to place food resources, and it should load into Fall from Heaven now.

Top Bottom