Pyramids

Shirastro

The ruler of the Gnomes
Pyramids in civ games are known for two things:
1) they are one of the most popular and worthy wonders
2) they have absolutly nothing to do with the efect they are giving :)

I think that i read a story on this board some, time ago, about how some strangers when arived in Egypt thought that those are huge granaries, but this doasent change the fact that they are not....

If there should be a wonder that gives granries to all your cities than it should be another one (thou i'm having a hard time figuring wich one could it be)

Pyramids, since having no other function beside being huge tombs, IMH should somehov affect your culture (if they gonna keap the culture concept of civ3).
Maybe lovering the culture needed for the city borders of the city it was build by 50%....or lowering this cost for all your cities for 25%.
This would make easier for you to fill the gaps between the cities.
Another way it could be useful is that it could give first culture expantion to all your cities that dont have it. In other words when you build a new city all the tiles that are in city radius will be workable, and you would fill more space.

I dont think this would unbalance the game, couse it will just expand the borders, but will not give aditional culture to your cities ( hence it would not be easier to get culture win).

I'm saying this couse today when we say egypt most of people think about pyramids first of all.
If one building can influence the world wide opinion about your culture and be a " promoter" of it (i dont think egypt would be so "famus" if they havent build them), than it should deffinitly be culture reliated wonder and not about granaries....

just my 0.02$

Top Bottom