1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Python Performance and Interface Overhaul

Discussion in 'C2C mod mods' started by Toffer90, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

It is caused by either one of these two things:

1. The name of the folder that the mod is in must be exactly "Caveman2Cosmos", this was a rule before PPIO too as it caused instability to name it something else, PPIO on the other hand demands the name to be correct.

2. If you have the mod in "...\Documents\My Games\Beyond the Sword\MODS\Caveman2Cosmos", even if you name that last folder correctly.
    The mod must be placed in the folder where beyond the sword is installed on your system.
    Should be something like: "...\Sid Meier's Civilization IV Beyond the Sword\Beyond the Sword\Mods\Caveman2Cosmos"

tantoniou and raxo2222 like this.
  2. raxo2222

raxo2222 Time Traveller

PPIO was merged after V39 release

Mod folder must be named exactly Caveman2Cosmos
    It must be in <Game folder>\Beyond the Sword\Mods\, not in My Documents.

3. tantoniou

tantoniou Chieftain

I have the entire game installed in my Documents folder :/ . It is running fine without the PPIO, but it seems as a very needed mod if it speeds civilopedia that much.
    Looks like I'll reinstall the game

4. tantoniou

tantoniou Chieftain

Hi again, the PPIO works wonderful indeed in terms of speeding up civilopedia and city screens, great job!!!
    But now the domestic advisor overview is messed up, you can no longer use it to order builds in cities. That is very helpful when you select multiple cities (for instance all cities running research), sort based on features and queue up builds massively. Any chance this feature can be gained back somehow in an update?

5. Toffer90

Toffer90 C2C Modder

It may, but I don't want to get your hopes up. Getting that function back is quite a lot of work.