1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Python question causing unpleasant psychosis

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Road to War' started by wotan321, Feb 17, 2008.

1. wotan321

wotan321 Chieftain

I have added some techs so that some events I created will work. I want the techs civ specific, so the events choose specific nations for the event.

But in the \Python\CvRtWEventManager.py file, under the def resetWarPeace(self) section, it gives each civ except the human civ all those techs, so my events do not work.

But if I comment those lines out, I cannot ever declare war on anyone during the game. If I try to comment out that section on permanentWar, the Jan1 and Jan2 events never fire.

I can't eat. I can't sleep. I don't know enough python to fix or even understand this.

Please help me.... please...... *sob*

Could you share with me some code, maybe a knowledgable edit of that section, that will:
    1. Allow me to add techs that don't get shared.
    2. Otherwise play the game as intended.

Any help is appreciated.

2. wotan321

wotan321 Chieftain

Why is is that I can stress over something for 3 days, and within 15 minutes of posting a request for help on the forum, I figure it out??.... weird.

It seems that the function giveSettlerTech goes through and doles out the beginning 14 techs, which happened to include my new techs. At first I simply moved my new techs to the end of the Civ4TechInfos.xml file, but I also started at an earlier date so I wanted to give each civ fewer starting techs, so I simply deleted many of the lines of the giveSettlerTech function. My civs get the first 3, those being initial0, initial1 and initial2, but no others.