Python

Fabrysse

Charming-snake learner
Here is the list of python elements that we aggreed to add :
  • TheLopez : Dawn of Man => It runs !
  • Fabrysse : International Troops (specially written for Second Revolution 2.0) => It runs !
    Explain : Each Civ may build a national project (I called it International Calling, it can be changed). When this project is built, some International Troops can (random 1/5 each turn for each player that could perhaps be changed) arrive and join your army. Available for any player (human or not)
  • Gir : Partisans without promotions => It runs ! (Oct. 18)
  • TheLopez : Sniper => To do (Dale works on SDK components)

Here is a list of python elements we could add :
  • Fabrysse : International Political Events (will be specially written for Second Revolution 2.0)
    Explain : From times to times, some international political events should occur. 1 time, NATO or capitalists governments could send forces to help Canada, USA and Mexico. An other time, it could be a communist government that send troops to help Cuba. An other, Anarchists activists all over the world would come and help Zapatistas and Syndicalists... With these events, you'd have a civ with more military power than the others at a moment, but at an other moment, the military power changes...
    But political events could be something else too. At a turn, why couldn't we have some UNO fighters destroying all nuke bombs and nuke related buildings in the map ?... An other event could be the arrival of fascists (barbarian team) who fight everybody. Or a lot of other little or big things...
    We could build a bank of international political events (big and small ones) in wich every N turns (or randomly with 1/N chances) a random script would pick and apply one.
    We have to discuss more about that...
  • Mix VISA Education Civic & Optimizer Gender => What about it ?...
  • TheLopez : Mercenaries => What about that ?...

Did I forgot something ?...

I will try to add a "docterine wonder" as explained in the main page. It's probably python.

my opinion, is that we could use a new civics column, but the gender mod seems a little dated, as all of the civs in this game would naturally fall under two of those categories at any time. :( but we could add a new column "military civics" and i could make the "religion" column converted to ideology. this would be very useful i think. we can scavenge what we need from these other civics mods.

as for the mercenaries mod, i dont want it anymore, i think it will be too buggy.

paritsans and sniper :goodjob: i would like to see those in a modified form. in the sniper mod, i would like to see the initial units capable of being useful, as opposed to the regular version where the snipers need support buildings and key promotions. partisans: YOU ARE THE MAN, FABRYSSE!

i have been working about 10 hours a day on the mod, and am getting really really near spending the hour it will take to upload it to the download servers. When i do this, i would like to get onto either voice chat or text chat with the python and SDK developers, so we can get this working! then we release the beta!!!!!

GarretSidzaka said:
my opinion, is that we could use a new civics column, but the gender mod seems a little dated, as all of the civs in this game would naturally fall under two of those categories at any time. :(
We could modify the five lines, if you want...
I explain :
  • In a capitalist society (like ours), there is no real equality between men and women. Women may vote, but their salary is often lower, sexual liberty doesn't exist, becoming a mother makes a lot of changes in a women life, not the same as becoming a father (stay at home with children...). Do you see what I mean ?
  • In communist society, you have equality in salary, but you don't have sexual liberty.
  • In anarchist society you have equality and freedom for all individuals, men or women.
Today, in our minds, we inherit of centuries of religious domination. Even if religions are not so strong that they were, some ideas are still there. And I think that the liberty for women to do what they want with their body is not acquired. I stop that here, because it becomes to be off-thread (political debate)...

GarretSidzaka said:
but we could add a new column "military civics" and i could make the "religion" column converted to ideology. this would be very useful i think. we can scavenge what we need from these other civics mods.
What could be the 5 lines for the columns ideology and military ?

GarretSidzaka said:
as for the mercenaries mod, i dont want it anymore, i think it will be too buggy.
OK. I forgot that.

GarretSidzaka said:
paritsans and sniper :goodjob: i would like to see those in a modified form. in the sniper mod, i would like to see the initial units capable of being useful, as opposed to the regular version where the snipers need support buildings and key promotions. partisans: YOU ARE THE MAN, FABRYSSE!
  • Sniper : I'll begin to look at it today. I'll try to find where to do the modifications... But I have to wait for Dale's DLL to test it.
  • Partisans : it runs now.

GarretSidzaka said:
i have been working about 10 hours a day on the mod, and am getting really really near spending the hour it will take to upload it to the download servers. When i do this, i would like to get onto either voice chat or text chat with the python and SDK developers, so we can get this working! then we release the beta!!!!!
:goodjob:

Garret, to be playable and/or translatable, the python scripts need XML elements :
  • 1 national project. Actually, I have modified the BUILDING_EIFFEL_TOWER, but you can create a BUILDING_CALLING (I have some texts for it that a native english speaker should rebuild ;) ...)
  • 2 units : UNIT_INTERTROOPS (the international troops) and UNIT_PARTISAN
  • 4 texts (I write you what I actually have) :
    • TXT_KEY_INTERTROOPS_ARRIVAL : "Some International Troops arrived and joined your army. They are actually based in "
    • TXT_KEY_PARTISANS_LOSER : "Our brave people near %s will fight against the enemy! They already caused a total of %d damage to the evil ennemy force."
    • TXT_KEY_PARTISANS_WINNER : "Partisans and terrorists near %s fight against our brave army! They already caused a total of %d damage to our glorious force."
    • Dawn of man texts (there is already a text, but I know you want to modify it).
  • Note : In Partisans, if loser player has CIVICOPTION_LEGAL = CIVIC_NATIONHOOD, he gets +3 partisans when loosing a city. You have to know that... Do you want me to suppress it ?

Have a look too at XML elements required for SDK Dale's mod and Sniper mod...

okay, will do.

can you do me a favor? can you gather all of the pythons (like the partisans) and put them in a zip file?? im confused because the link at top of thread links to SevoMod, but i just want the partisans bits from them.

GarretSidzaka said:
can you do me a favor? can you gather all of the pythons (like the partisans) and put them in a zip file?? im confused because the link at top of thread links to SevoMod, but i just want the partisans bits from them.

Here it is. You have my version of Second Revolution, without XML and other stuff you are building, but including all python that runs actually :
- Dawn of Man
- Partisans
- International Troops
These files are in test mode : Special units (like International Troops, Partisans) have been replaced with marines. It's possible too that the random are set at 1/1 for my tests. Other possible test values will be changed on the final version...

How to :
- Install this python folder in any mod folder without python.
- Begin a new game with this mod (you'll see the modified dawn of man screen) or begin with a scenario (if first turn = turn number 1, you'll see the Dawn of man screen)
- edit the map :
  • add in one of your cities the Eiffel Tower (to have International Troops event that works)
  • add to your ennemy the knowledge "Mysticism" (to see the Partisans running) and at least 2 cities (no partisans when a civ is dead)

• - Come back to the game and it should run...

I hope there is no difference between your Warlords version and my french version... You told me, few days ago, the game crashed while testing my files... It doesn't crash on my game... If it crashes again, try to play with only the files you'll find in the zip, like if it was a mod.
      Tell me what happens...

EVERYBODY :
      THIS FILE IS NOT THE MOD, BUT ONLY A PYTHON PART OF IT !!! IT'S NOT PLAYABLE !!!
      DO NOT DOWNLOAD !!!

Attachments

• SecondRevolution_W_ok.zip
    52.8 KB · Views: 344
dawn of man works :goodjob:
international calling (after setting an eiffel tower, and turn cycle) crashes :(
partisans (after giving mystisism and setting units to attack an enemy city) crashes :(

im gonna upload the alpha release to the 3d downloads right now, and then will give you a link to what there is soon

edit: im not including your files in this, just the ones off my side. advice: create a custom building from scratch and just use the eiffel tower art defines. same with the tech. :goodjob:

GarretSidzaka said:
dawn of man works :goodjob:
international calling (after setting an eiffel tower, and turn cycle) crashes :(
partisans (after giving mystisism and setting units to attack an enemy city) crashes :(

im gonna upload the alpha release to the 3d downloads right now, and then will give you a link to what there is soon

edit: im not including your files in this, just the ones off my side. advice: create a custom building from scratch and just use the eiffel tower art defines. same with the tech. :goodjob:

OK. I'll try and I'll look at the logs what's causing the problem.

GarretSidzaka said:
anyone know a site that will reliably host a 100-130 mb file?

What about QuickSharing ?

(Found on http://www.free-webhosts.com/free-file-hosting.php you should look at http://www.google.fr/search?hl=fr&q=host+file+upload&btnG=Recherche+Google&meta= too...)

Description:
"Quick Sharing" is a free file sharing service which does not require registering to use. You can anonymously upload files free, up to 500 MB limit per file, from their simple home page upload form. The free file upload site allows unlimited downloads and uploads (unlimited bandwidth), and seemingly all filetypes. Their free file hosting server network is currently powered by 15 dedicated servers, load-balanced, for reliable and fast uploading and downloading. Hosted files are only deleted from the servers if the file is not accessed within the past 30 days. The provided download URL reports the filename, filesize, description, and the number of times the file has been downloaded. All file extensions are allowed to be uploaded except web scripts like php, cgi, and asp files.

PM me when it's OK... Today if you want me to have a look during the week-end...

humph: the 3d downloads is approved now:
http://www.3ddownloads.com/Strategy/Civilization 4/Mods/Second Revolution/Second Revolution 2.0 alpha.7z

i guess better late than never. anyway, this will be the site the beta will go up into.

@fabrysse
when you make the python and the modified xml's, please save them as a patch. that is, make only the changed files in the correct structure, so that we dont have to upload the whole thing until i make the finishing touches. I also plan on getting ahold of thunderfall and getting a file spotlight when the download goes public

I do it NOW. I post when it's done.

{......A little time......}

EDIT :
It's done : there is no more snipers. And I increased the damages by partisans.
I couldn't test it : I'm at work !!! :(
If you need something else, I'm here today, but not tomorrow and wednesday. I'm back on thursday....

Here are python files.

Attachments

• Python.zip
    19.3 KB · Views: 323
Top Bottom