1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Q4 Game Control: GOTM176 and COTM149

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Game of the Month' started by Più Freddo, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Più Freddo

Più Freddo From space, earth is blue

Welcome to the fourth quarter of the new format of the friendly Civilization III Game of the Month competition!

Changes to Thread Structure

We have established a new thread structure. The spoiler threads will be published at once, and all game discussion will take place there. This thread is only of discussion about the game as such, not about its content: technical problems, planning and other meta issues. I will publish a note in each thread as the game proceeds allowing ever more spoiler information to be published and discussed.

Scope of the Games

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Game GOTM176 COTM149
    Civilization Egypt America
    Difficulty Deity Regent
    Map size Standard Standard
    Map topology Archipelago Archipelago
    Rivals 7 Pre-Selected 13
    Barbarians None Unknown
    Designer CKS Captain Jack

Schedule

Column 1 Column 2 Column 3
    Release GOTM176 COTM149 1 October 2019
    First Spoiler OCN or Metropolis 16 October 2019
    Second Spoiler Middle Ages 1 November 2019
    Final Spoiler Industrial Times or Game Submitted 16 November 2019
    Submission End PLEASE NOTE THE DATE! 31 December 2019

Spoiler Status

Progressing spoiler rules will be published here and in the first message of the spoiler threads at the appropriate time. We are currently soliciting

Pre-Game Discussion

No spoiler information from after opening the game save file is allowed!

OCN or Size 12

Spoilers are allowed covering the game up until reaching the optimal city number, i.e. being allowed to build the Forbidden Palace, or reaching the size 12, in one of your cities, whichever comes earlier.

No spoiler information from after fulfilling the spoiler requirement is allowed!

Middle Ages

Spoilers are allowed covering the game up until reaching the Middle Ages. The results of getting and trading bonus technologies at this stage are a permissible topic as well.

No spoiler information from after fulfilling the spoiler requirement is allowed!

Industrial Times or Game Submitted

Spoilers are allowed covering the game up until reaching Industrial Time or having submitted the game. The results of getting and trading bonus technologies at this stage are a permissible topic as well.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  2. Più Freddo

Middle Ages

Spoilers are allowed covering the game up until reaching the Middle Ages. The results of getting and trading bonus technologies at this stage are a permissible topic as well.

3. Più Freddo

Industrial Times or Game Submitted

Spoilers are allowed covering the game up until reaching Industrial Time or having submitted the game. The results of getting and trading bonus technologies at this stage are a permissible topic as well.

4. Speedbird 95

Speedbird 95 Chieftain

I started COTM-149 & accidentally found a technical problem, to my benefit. The info is a spoiler, can discuss via PM. Not sure if I should disqualify myself from the COTM

5. Più Freddo

Please PM me and AlanH.