Qatar 2022: 1001 Nights of Football (and Bribery)

Omega124

Challenging Fate

Setting: It's finally here. After years of bribery and countless deaths of migrant workers, the end of November has coincided with the start of the 2022 World Cup. On the blood of the poor and with the money of the decadent, which national football SOCCER team will stand the rigorous 32-team competition to win the world cup?

Certainly wont be Qatar lol

Players: Players can pick any national football SOCCER team to represent as in the 2022 World Cup. Since qualifiers are years away, you can be literally any of the 209 member nations and we'll just pretend your unrealistic dreams could possibly happen. Likewise, rosters are totally up to your guys. All I request is a brief bio of your team and key players in your sign up post.

played by Red Spy

LOL no description yet

Played by Tolni

LOL no description yet

Played by Hoptilejoe

What the actual **** HJ

Played by NinjaCow

After another infuriating disaster in the 2018 World Cup, where England had the dubious distinction of being the first team being elimanated from the tournament, the English football SOCCER team faced perhaps the biggest disaster since the previous millisecond. Their plane collided with a chrono-synclastic infundibulum, transforming the entire English football team from humans to badgers. Almost miraculously, the world was shocked in how England started to suck even worse than before. In fact, this analysis is convinced that they are only in this tournament at all because they threatened FIFA with a discrimination-against-badgers lawsuit, and no one had time to deal with that.

Played by Shadowbound

The national team for France has always been traditionally one of the stronger teams in the European region, never missing qualification since their victory as the hosts in the 1998 world cup. A psychic predicted their stunning victory in Russia, crushing the Germans 7-0 in the finals in what was dubbed as the "guerre de foudre". Many say this had to do with the theroms created by legendary Berber player Zinedine Zidane. His ideas vindicated, he has been since named the new coach of the French team, and many expect a repeat victory in Qatar.

Played by Southern King

India's abymsal track record in recent memory has caused perhaps one of the most radical restructuring in football SOCCER history. Canning all their previous players and staff, India turned to Bollywood actor to Shah "King" Khan to build a new Indian team. His decision to reformat the men's team as an all-woman team proved to be controversial, but technically not illegal in the Law of the Game. Nepotisticlly picking fellow actresses to be the players, somehow this team managed to not only stick together, but succeed beyond anyone's dreams. Now India has qualified for the world cup for the second time in its entire history (and the first time was because all of its opponets were disqualified), and has gained the support of millions of feminists outside of India's borders.

Played by Reus

Indonesia's recent history in football SOCCER has been mirred in controversy. An attempt to clear out corruption in their national organization by disbanding was ruled as corruption by FIFA, and thus the extremely black pot disqualified the kettle in the AFC qualifiers. The suspension was eventually overturned after the conviction of Sepp Blatter, but it was too late for Indonesia to join in Russia. Led by head coach Bambang Pamungkas and star captain Muhammad Dimas Drajad, Indonesians hope that the team will avenge their dirty suspension and prove that their archipelago is truely the world champions.

Played by Masada

LOL no description yet

Played by Nuka

Few teams can match both the purses and the lack of ethics that the Qatari team bring to the table. Bribing every official and their mother to be able to host this tournament, the Qataris have proven that their checkbook truely is bottomless. They have sent lucrative contracts to star players from every sports discipline, including LeBron James, the Offensive Line of the Chargers, and Wayne Greztsky who I'm pretty sure Nuka just added because he knows I like hockey/the Red Wings, without actually checking who Wayne actually is because making him the goalie is like making Flacco a safety fsssss. Using every loophole they can find, and clearly forged documents with bribes galore where they couldn't, Qatar is certainly stacked in talent, and will enjoy home field advantage in the desert games....

Played by Civ'ed

Abusing the historical loophole that "international" football SOCCER was founded within the United Kingdom, Scotland continues to be allowed in the world cup despite technicilly not being a nation. Qualifying for the first time since 1998, Scottish nationalists look to captain Scott Brown and the rest of the aging Tartans to send England homeward, to think again. Perhaps a strong showing might even get Scotland to rise now, and be a nation again...

Played by Joan

LOL no description yet

Spoiler GM notes :
This game is HEAVILY inspired by LeBoshWade NES, located here. Please bring all your insanity here

Origionally this was going to be a ZetDatWall IOT, based on the Detroit Red Wings, but I'd thought I'd be the only person who'd enjoy it lol. Then I realized that, as much as the old guard NESers liked basketball, y'all love football SOCCER. After all, we do a world cup in like every IOT ever. So let's have fun, and realize that Los Ticos is clearly the best team you losers

USA! USA! USA!

Team Nickname: The Losers
Coach: Richard "Tricky Dick" Nixon
History: Here in the USA, soccer ain't a real sport; so we're just sending over a bunch of losers and Teddy Roosevelt. Don't get yourselves hurt now.

Line-up:
Albert "Al" Gore (STCL)
George "Dubya" Bush Jr. (STCR)
----
Barry Goldwater (AMC)
Theodore Roosevelt (MCL)
Andrew Jackson (MCR)
Hubert Humphrey (DMC)
----
George McGovern (DCL)
William Jennings Bryan (DC)
Aaron Burr (DC)
Bob Dole (DCR)
----
George Wallace (GK)

Claiming England

Qatar sitting on that sweet, sweet guaranteed eligibility

India

Link to video.

After again completely failing to qualify for the World Cup in 2018, this time after a humiliating 1-7 defeat to Indonesia, the broken Indian football team. In the aftermath of this, India appointed now-retired Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan. King Khan - Coach Khan, now - decided that the Indian football team needed something different, and promptly declared that it was to be an all-woman's team. Numerous Bollywood actresses were appointed for the positions. Miraculously, thanks to Coach Khan's efforts and quite a lot of Bollywood masala magic, India suddenly became an an actually quality squad. India qualified for 2022, and now hunts Indonesia down for revenge.

Coach Khan

Key Players:
-Rani Mukerji (FW)
-Preity Zinta (FW)
-Vidya Balan (MF)
-Priyanka Chopra (MF)
-Bipashu Basu (DF)
-Kareena Kapoor (DF)
-Kajol (GK)

Islamic state reporting.

IS being admitted by FIFA by 2022 seems to be more likely than Qatar hosting the World Cup in 50 degree heat. I also note that I was Obama in LeBoshWade NES.

IS being admitted by FIFA by 2022 seems to be more likely than Qatar hosting the World Cup in 50 degree heat. I also note that I was Obama in LeBoshWade NES.

50 degrees is a bit chilly but still OK for football. The tournament will still go on. :p

Sorry, but rules are rules masada. If I make an exception for you, then I have to for everyone. My first IOT died because of exactly that. Putting my foot down here. You're welcome to join as a current nation however.

It's no laughing manner in real temperature terms.

Le sigh. Islamic Republic of Iran it is then.

Team name: Djibouti
Nickname: Shoremen of the Red Sea
Captain: Ahmed Daher (striker)
Team makeup: same as IRL right now
Coach: Genie

The team no one expected to even get to the world cup is now tussling for the top placements in the tournament. No one quite knows how the team from Djibouti went from being the third lowest ranked in the world to an unstoppable football machine. There are rumours that after their 8-1 defeat to Morocco, top scorer Ahmed Daher wandered into the desert, and returned a week later with a new lamp, and coach the mysterious "Genie" who suffers from a rare skin condition turning him blue.

Out of the ghettos of Marseille, a legendary footballer would emerge. A leftover of France's imperial history, he would go on to become the greatest European player of all time. His legendary feet scores goals like the whirlwind, and his legendary forehead struck down his opponents like lightning from Zeus. He was the face of a new football, brown and glorious, and a symbol of hope for the impoverished Arab refugees of the 21st century.

His name was Zinedine Zidane, and in 2020 he was appointed coach of the French National Team after being an assistant coach in the team's 2018 win. And then world truly knew fear...

Key players:
Gnaly Maxwell Cornet (known for getting into amazing fights over twitter)
Guillaume Afellay (flamboyantly gay forward)
Luc D'Aramitz (big black goalee)
Neal Maupay (killed a man, allegedly)
Paul Labile Pogba (team captain, nicknamed "The Octopus")
Dayotchanculle Upamecano (try saying his name three times really fast)

Everyone up to Shadowbound HJ is on the OP, although only Civ'ed, Reus, and Shadowbound are "officially" in the game at the present moment.

France winning 2018 is 100% random chance that I saw that a vandal edited the page claiming that they did and I'm just rolling with it lol.

EDIT: And shadowbound deleted his app when I was writing his decription. :blush: Going to leave it up until he posts a new one; for now I'll consider he has reserved France unless he indicates he wants another country

I can be whatever you want. I know nothing about soccer football, and was considering the Afghan national team, and a Syrian exile team for lulz, for a bit. I changed it to a Russian team, but, hey, I figure I can be the French.

EDIT: Why is the French logo a rooster?

I demand being able to play Catalonia.

I demand being able to play Catalonia.

And masada, this is why I said no to IS, even though I knew you would be an amazing IS. No Catalonia, Joan. You're welcome to be Spain or any other nation, however.

@Shadowbound: I'll leave the option if you want to switch if that's what you want: don't worry about it at all. This is totally my bad for not realizing you rescinded your french application.

And it's a rooster because the national animal of France actually /is/ a rooster. Dates back from Gaulic times

Top Bottom