Qatar 2022: 1001 Nights of Football (and Bribery)

I'll be Wales then.

The English Football Team:

After their plane hit a chrono-synclastic infundibulum on the way home from the 2018 World Cup, the entire English Football Team was transformed into Badgers. After this incident they have become the worst team in the universe and has not won a single match. God save the Queen and the English Football Team.

Because in four years nobody in a football-crazed coubtry would think about replacing the platers-turned-badgers with actually human players. Plus I dont think that a national team will be made up of the same roster of players after four years. I'd be surprised if that ever happened. Not only that but you cant get into the World Cup if you lose every single match.

You know what could possibly work? That the turned into badgers when flying into Qatar.

Because in four years nobody in a football-crazed coubtry would think about replacing the platers-turned-badgers with actually human players. Plus I dont think that a national team will be made up of the same roster of players after four years. I'd be surprised if that ever happened. Not only that but you cant get into the World Cup if you lose every single match.

You know what could possibly work? That the turned into badgers when flying into Qatar.

The Queen says "Ayy Lamo".

(OOC: This game is based off a game where world wars were started over basketball players. Also DOTA characters turned into basketballers. I don't think realism is a thing here.)

The Queen says "Ayy Lamo".

(OOC: This game is based off a game where world wars were started over basketball players. Also DOTA characters turned into basketballers. I don't think realism is a thing here.)

NC is right. Execpt that you have to be a FIFA recognized country, I'm pretty much really lax on what you people can do in this game. Just note that in-game actions do have consequences...

I'm only against a country that by its own backstory can't even enter the tournament we're supposed to be playing. I'm fine with craziness ensuing.

After an excellent showing on the financial field, Qatar was able to secure its World Cup bid following an epic 2-1 (billion) victory over South Korea, where Qatari officials were able to surge past their defenders and literally poured offense onto the field. With new changes to Qatari citizenship laws, Qatar is proud to announce the following squad:

Starting Line Up

Midfielder: Khalfan Ibrahim

Left Wing: The Yellow Ranger

Right Wing: Satsuki Kiryuin

Defenders: The San Diego Chargers Offensive Line

Forward: Lebron James

Forward: Bugs Bunny

Goalie: Wayne Gretzky

------

With this squad, Qatar is guaranteed to win the World Cup, and if skill is not enough, surely the penalties will fall in Qatar's favor one way or another...

Joining as Man Guy, former bodyguard and secret agent of the Miami Heat, personal friends with Bosh, and now event organizer and super-secret agent for FIFA.

Man Guy was a crucial character in LeBoshWade. Why does everyone keep forgetting him?

But yes, non-participating character.

Man Guy how about you convert to the light and sign on to the Iranian team. We pay in oil! Barrels and barrels of black gold.

man Guy has no need for oil because he drives a coal-powered jet-o-copter. besides, Man Guy is on a mission. *gazes into distance* ISES (the Islamic State of Evil Soccer) is out there and they are threatening the tournament. only one man can stop them. and that man is Man Guy.

Right, since of everyone who has expressed interest to me since I made that last warning (SK/Red/Joan/HJ/Masada/Lec/Terra), only SK had updated their post with any extra information (or made a post at all for the last two). Props to him. Against my better judgment, I will extend the sign up phase to 3 PM EST tommorow. Failure to meet the new deadline will result in a kick from the game. It's three sentences; I gave you a whole weekend to do it.

The Welsh Team finally qualified for the World Cup once they decided to take advantage of Torchwood technology in Cardiff. Recruiting great historical, ahistorical and outright fictional figures from Welsh history alongside their only talented striker ever, their national team managed to qualify after beating England 90-0 in the last match of the qualifying rounds. The team is composed by:

Captain Jack Harness, Rose Tyler (GK), Sean Connery as King Arthur, female!King Arthur aka Saber, Morgana and Guinevere (defenders), The Doctor, Tom Jones, Bonnie Tyler (midfielders), Gareth Bale, Owain Glyndwr and Henry V (forwards). This epic team is coached by David Lloyd George.

Objection, this is the men's world cup. Otherwise, the US could just play their women's team.

That's sexist and goes against gender equality rules.

Objection, this is the men's world cup. Otherwise, the US could just play their women's team.

From my reading of the official FIFA rules, there's nothing explicity stating women can't play in the men's world cup. Air Bud clause applies.

Furthermore, as a female, I'm just going to let it happen even if it wasn't. ;)

Top Bottom