[NFP] Qeustion regarding xml files

_Feniks_

Chieftain
First of all - I apologise if there is a thread about this already - I couldn't find it.

My question is - how did game files structure change lately? Some time ago, there were xml file where one could simply change some values and modify the game. I prefer long games - with biggest maps, max civilizations and marathon speed. Before I took break from the game - I was able to slow down technology/civics progress by changing cost value in 2 xml files. Now there still are Expansion2_Technologies.xml and Expansion2_Civics.xml files plus additional ones for base game and first expansion, but most of techonolgies and civics costs are just not there anymore. Also I have problem finding general multplier of game speed/cost relation now. Does anyone know where did they moved those values and can they still be manually changed?

I did seen some mods for such things but they just not slowing the game progress enough for me (when game is progressing strongest civs have so many cities that their tech and civics progress is a lot faster than I would like too). Usuaally I manually edited values incresing cost by highr values for each later era to compensate increasing cities number - now I can't.

Vanilla Civics and Technologies are still at
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Base\Assets\Gameplay\Data
The Vanilla Gamespeeds.xml file is still in the same location as the Civics and Technologies xml files.

Rise and Fall alterations are found at
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\DLC\Expansion1\Data
Gathering Storm alterations are found at
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\DLC\Expansion2\Data
The real issue with editing the Vanilla files is that much of the data loaded into the game by the Vanilla files is wiped away and re-written by the Rise and Fall and Gathering Storm xml code. For example nearly all of the 'Cost' values for the Vanilla Civics and Technologies is re-written by the Gathering Storm expansion. All of the Boost requirements appear to be re-written by both expansions, although the Vanilla GameSpeeds appear not to be altered by the expansions. The various patches have added new data however to the Gamespeeds.xml file, so any changes that you might have made to that file once upon a time are probably gone by now since when a patch makes an update to one of the original game-files, the version of the file that all users of the game have is over-written by the patch -- the patches do not edit the file that is there to make the needed alterations, they wipe completely the old version of the same file with the new version of the file.

Top Bottom