[LP] Qin The Unifier Barb Exploit?

blackbutterfly

Emperor
So Unifier Qin's zombies can convert other zombies. Exploit? Or design?
20230119183943_1.jpg

Attachments

• AutoSave_0264.Civ6Save
    2 MB · Views: 8
...well, that's as close to adding "play AS the zombies" to zombie mode as we'll get...

Necromancer Overlord Qin FTW

Under the hood, zombies are part of the "Barbarians" faction. Converted zombies are melee units, right? So this doesn't seem like an error to me. Lines up with what the ability says.

Do they still gain strength whenever a unit is defeated? :p

...well, that's as close to adding "play AS the zombies" to zombie mode as we'll get...

Necromancer Overlord Qin FTW

Exactly!

Unifier Qin just broke Zombie mode.

I used to like the challenge of playing Zombie Defence especially with the added challenge of Apocalypse mode on top of that.

This is taking the piss.

Almost makes me actually want to try Zombie mode.

Yeah, if you never tried it before, Unifier Qin makes it super easy. 🙂

wait, so is it actually bad to build the great wall in this mode, then? doesnt it damage the zombies, meaning when you convert them you get them starting at lower health? never really played this mode, interested to know

Exactly!

Unifier Qin just broke Zombie mode.

I used to like the challenge of playing Zombie Defence especially with the added challenge of Apocalypse mode on top of that.

This is taking the piss.

Yeah, if you never tried it before, Unifier Qin makes it super easy. 🙂
I guess I'd be more curious to see what the AI does with it than what I would do with it!

wait, so is it actually bad to build the great wall in this mode, then? doesnt it damage the zombies, meaning when you convert them you get them starting at lower health? never really played this mode, interested to know
I've restarted a game in Ancient. (Example game above is Classical start).
Really, in Zombie mode Qin is fast outpacing other civs esp. on Marathon.

I haven't even teched Great Wall yet but I am leading by far! 🙄

It's an exploit in my book!

Here's waiting for the Spiffing Brit "infinite Zombies" video! 🤣

Under the hood, zombies are part of the "Barbarians" faction. Converted zombies are melee units, right? So this doesn't seem like an error to me. Lines up with what the ability says.

Zombies could have been in a class of their own.
This exploit would have been avoided then.

Last edited:
Having a zombie military is incredibly powerful. I've used the Twins to recruit zombies before- they keep gaining strength passively, along with the rest of the zombies. In the last Krampus GOTM my zombies were stronger than GDRs by game's end.

Do they still gain strength whenever a unit is defeated? :p
Incredibly there seems to be some change (though not reflected in the documentation).

Docs still say Zombies gain +1 for every zombie killed, but this isn't true anymore.
Here's a deity/marathon zombies game as Unifier Qin vs. Europe (TSL Huge Earth):
20230119215716_1.jpg
Note: you have to be careful not to go bankrupt b'cos the zombie armies still cost maintenance.

Why spoil the fun??
The exploit means you only need ONE unit: your starting Warrior.

(Or build just one melee unit if starting in later eras)

That one unit can convert an entire army of barbs - including zombies.

It gives Qin such an enormous advantage it ceases to be fun 😑

From what I understand the melee unit goes poof when he uses the ability, so he can't recuite an entire army, it would be more of a chain effect with a zombie recruiting more zombies.

Note: you have to be careful not to go bankrupt b'cos the zombie armies still cost maintenance.
I've never been bankrupt. What actually happens? Do units disappear or do they turn into barbarians? Is there a set limit of units lost per turn?

And isn't there a delay? Couldn't you just ignore the fact that you're bankrupt and just keep converting them anyway?

The exponential rate at which you're able to convert units can probably compensare for the penalties of bankruptcy, no? (Like I said, I'm not too sure how bankruptcy actually works).

Just turn him off for Zombie games?

Top Bottom