Québec Provincial Election

It's not so much that he changes his position every election, it's that he's a populist demagogue.

And an ultra-nationalistic bigot. And a meddler who think he knows better than the people who have worked in those domains since forever.

It's not so much that he changes his position every election, it's that he's a populist demagogue.

And an ultra-nationalistic bigot. And a meddler who think he knows better than the people who have worked in those domains since forever.
That's correct. I'll even quote Le Frisé on little Mario:

The not-so honorable John James Charest said:
On the the level of content, he's a politician of coarse clips. (...) Mario Dumont lives according to whatever is the headline on any given day in the newspaper.

If only Charbonneau was still the candidate in my riding. I'd happily vote for him as representative and forget everything about who winds up PM.

The Libs are Using Charbonneau's status to help their candidate get elected. They put a liberal candidate named Charbonneau in hopes that people will vote for him thinking that it's the PQ's ex-celebrity candidate.

clerver clever! Since only the last names are bolded on voting bulletins.

Gotta love "the sheep" Charest :sheep:

Since there's few of us voting in this next election (Raisin, Rhymes, Oda (not the minister who doesn't speak french, the poster from Montreal), Babbler, Muholland, Taliesin, NKVD, ect, we could post about our ridings and candidates.

Don't need to look through archaic government sites, let's just use good old wiki:

Québec 2007 General Election

Electoral Maps

I live in the riding of Gouin in Montréal. That's more or less between the Canadian Pacific railway and Jean-Talon and between the 6th Avenue and St-Laurent.

The candidates are:

Nicolas Girard (incumbent)

Nathalie Rivard

Jean-Philippe Ruel

Françoise David (I meant QS as in Québec Solidaire when I mentionned OP in my first post of the thread, Option Cioyenne was the first party of David before joining forces with the UMP to form QS)

Yohan Tremblay

And I'm sure there will be a few other names on the little piece of paper comes march 26.
Gouin is a PQ stronghold since 1976.

The Libs are Using Charbonneau's status to help their candidate get elected. They put a liberal candidate named Charbonneau in hopes that people will vote for him thinking that it's the PQ's ex-celebrity candidate.

clerver clever! Since only the last names are bolded on voting bulletins.

Gotta love the "sheep" Charest :sheep:

I doubt that would confuse too many people, what with Charbonneau writing columns in the local newspaper these days, and our PQ candidate being just about the #1 PQ celebrity candidate this election around (Curzi).

Québec Solidaire?

No typo.

Your logic is possible as well.

The federal government has given up more power to provincial governments under so called "federalist" Quebec governments than it has under seperatist governments. The feds take a tougher approach when the PQ is in power and the relationship is more give and take, instead of all giving. Support for sovereignty also tends to wane with the PQ in power. Now this is no way meant to be an anti-Quebec comment. If the Quebec people wish sovereignty, let them leave. But Canadian politicans are generally unwilling to deal in asymetry, and therefore all the powers that the feds grant to Quebec, are usually later granted to the rest of the provinces thereby decentralizing the federation. I do not want to see further decentralization--it is not that I want Quebec to feel oppressed, but because that is my vision for Canada.
Also, I am waiting for the 3rd strike.

I live in Westmount-St-Louis, a riding in which 87% voted Non in 1995. The Liberal incumbent, Jacques Chagnon, has been its MLA since 1994, and I assume he'll score at least 70% of the vote (I couldn't find riding-specific poll numbers). I'm not sure that I can vote, since as a student I'm not really a bona fide resident, but if I can I'll probably vote Green. Chagnon doesn't need my vote.

anyway i must say i'm impressed at Stephen Harper right now. he's the first politician i saw that actually respected a great part of his electoral promises

Income trusts... environment... there's two strikes already.

His promises were little more than fluff anyway.

GO LIBERALS!!!
(beat)
Well its not like I have that much choice (besides the green, but 9% is nada), im anglo..

I live in the riding of Laurier-Dorion in Montréal.

The candidates are:

Elsie Lefebvre (Incumbent)

By Far the Cutest riding Candidate and probably the cutest one it the whole parliment. She's the one who Charest called ''Petite chienne''. He he he he .... She almost gets my vote only for her being cute and having By far the best presentation on her ''Pancartes''

Gerry Sklavounos

Sabrina Dugay

Ruba Ghazal

Sébastien Chagnon-Jean

This is it for laurier-Dorion.

Sorry for butting in but just wanted to know do a majority of Quebec's citizens want full independance or for it remain a Canadian State??

Sorry for butting in but just wanted to know do a majority of Quebec's citizens want full independance or for it remain a Canadian State??

We would need a ''Public Consultation'' to know that.

Last time we checked 50% said yes and 50 % said no.

49.95 and 50.05 or something very close, anyway.

I live in Westmount-St-Louis, a riding in which 87% voted Non in 1995. The Liberal incumbent, Jacques Chagnon, has been its MLA since 1994, and I assume he'll score at least 70% of the vote (I couldn't find riding-specific poll numbers). I'm not sure that I can vote, since as a student I'm not really a bona fide resident, but if I can I'll probably vote Green. Chagnon doesn't need my vote.

I vote in Kingston as a student.

Take a letter (addressed to you in MTL) and some ID to voter registration station and you're fine.

EDIT: Elsie Lefebvre, WOW.

Income trusts... environment... there's two strikes already.

His promises were little more than fluff anyway.

I know he sucks on environment. Well he seems to suck on environmental issues. Its only a facade because I know its better to finance research in hydrogen power than the Kyoto Protocol (which is totally useless but dont tell me i'm anti-environmentalist i dont have a car, go to work in bike and used to give 5 $ a month to green-peace until I read Bjorn Lomborg's book).

Top Bottom