Queen Elizabeth II's health

Status
Not open for further replies.
it would seem that her majesty's health isn't great... to put it mildly... ( I don't know if it belongs here but if mods think it belongs in UK politics thread please move it there.)
I feel weird to think such an important figure who has always has been in a background is in critical condition. It just feels weird to think post-Elizabeth era might be close...

Last edited:
it would seem that her majesty's health isn't great... to put it mildly... ( I don't know if it belongs here but if mods think it belongs in UK politics thread please move it there.)
I feel weird to think such an important figure who has always has been in a background is in critical condition. It just feels weird to think post-Elizabeth era might be close...

Oh, I think the Queen's health, and impending (whether hours or years) departure from this earth definitely warrants its own thread.

What does the number of Tory MPs have to do with anything? :huh:

Mods, please leave this as a separate thread. I've just read the CBC.ca article and am feeling a bit teary at the moment. For those of us in Commonwealth countries, this is more important than burying it in a generic political thread. It's cultural as much as political.

What does the number of Tory MPs have to do with anything? :huh:

Mods, please leave this as a separate thread. I've just read the CBC.ca article and am feeling a bit teary at the moment. For those of us in Commonwealth countries, this is more important than burying it in a generic political thread. It's cultural as much as political.
As Korean-New Zealander I agree. It feels weird to see this...

oh and apparently BBC website has gone black and white... and if operation london bridge is down and Prince Phillip's death is any indication...
this... just ain't good.

A fascinating figure in modern times. I can't think of another monarch over the past century whose reputation and presence has been so widespread. Her dedication to her post is admirable though sometimes her choices seemed a bit out of step with the modern world. She will missed by many, many people.

This may be too soon, but I'm wondering how Charles will reign and how far if at all will he stray from his mother's policies.

I guess I feel bit more upset because this happened way way too close to anniversary of my grandma's passing... she passed away 3rd of September 2 years ago...

funny thing is that I kinda hoped my grandma would live long as Elizabeth II since she is only oldest female I had known... and 2 years after my grandma's death this...

call me crazy but I personally see a bit of overlap. ( and she was in 90's just like queen Liz)

Its very understandable. I'm sorry for your loss. Grandma's rule!

she pays her taxes
Only because she gets to make the rules about what taxes she has to pay.

I am sorry for your loss, and I can understand how this could resonate with you.

photo of Prince Charles as he enters the palace.
1662654521.jpg

say what you will about him as a person but that face is just heartbreaking...

Moderator Action: If you want to bash the royals, start a new thread. This one is not for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom