Queen of the Iceni

Actual Bug This Time: When playing as Celtic none of my units had the ability to attack twice. They would attack once and then run out of moves. Do they just deal twice as much damage or something?

I think I found a bug, I was playing with this mod today and yknow the icon above units that shows what kind of unit they are? It doesnt show up for me when I play as Celtic. And this is above ANYONES units, not just my own.

On the minimap menu there is an option to disable unit icons that defaults to being on. If you want the unit icons back just click it.

great mod, Boudica is lots of fun to play as an early game warmonger. i started next to monte on an emperor game once, that was some fine action indeed,

anyways, reading through this, i had some thoughts on static leaderheads. If you'r going to go to a static leaderhead, then i think there needs to be a way to display diplomacy modifiers like in civ4. im OK with the current system because you can read the expressions and body language on the stock leaders. but if custom civ's are gonna use static heads, then we need to know the relations modifiers. has anyone been working on that? or do we have to wait for the DLL to be released?

I suggest one correction... Make the warrior a bit stronger.. as a specialty unit it should a least compare to a pike or sword. (in my copy I buffed him a bit)

Also does anyone know how to disable the " one unit" and the huge unit chars? I don't like it and would like to disable it

Also does anyone know how to disable the " one unit" and the huge unit chars? I don't like it and would like to disable it

Not possible atm, I do belive Kael made this with lower spec machines in mind, hense the Single Unit Graphics. As to the Size of them, if you can remeber which units are extra large, make a note and post them here.

I had installed v2 in-game and DLed v3, also in-game. It seemed to work fine, and I now see only the new version in my mod list - but, when I now enable the Mod, the game crashes on setup.
Is it working for others? This is extremely annoying, as I had been playing with this mod as my new standard, and now I can't even get it to run anymore :mad:

I have had the same thing happen with another mod.
Browse to the game directory \My Games\Sid Meyer's Civilization 5\MODS\ and manually delete the old version v2 folder. Should work after that.

Just in case anyone else has problems: it looks as though the in-game Mod browser has issues with installing new versions of a previously downloaded Mod. Looks like the old version hangs around invisibly (that is, not visible in the browser) and the game can't seem to decide which version to load and hangs :mad:

Dexter's fix should work, but I had already found an even simpler solution: in the Mod browser you can click on the installed mod, a button 'Delete' appears.... just delete the mod and install it new.

Tip to modders: when releasing a new version specify the old version should be removed before installing.

Thanks Kael for this.. :)

Question to Kael and Dale, have you guys had any luck working with gr2 files?
and do you guys plan on releasing any guides or tutorials on this subject?

Dale I've looked at your blogs and other sites but I don't see any useful info... why?
you work with civ 5 dev team to do with modding and yet you haven't given any info on this subject.

it would be nice if you told us about the anims format and the tools which are compatible with gr2 formats.

Can't use this mod as i have my game in german language, so , instead of civ-name or unit-names i see "text_key_civ_blablabla"

a few mis-scaled units: the babylonian bowman, great people, chariots

can anyone put this mod on some direct download please?

I have a problem with Steam mod downloads.. after a couple of seconds browsing the mods they all dissapear; it also ahppens if I try to sort them somehow; so I can't search for anything. (Anyone is having this problem too?)

Thanks

Thanks for the great work Kael. What I really want to know is will you be doing FFH III for civ 5. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed playing FFH 2 on Civ 4, IMO it was better than the core game. :goodjob:

Hi Kael,

French, I allowed myself to translate your MOD "Queen of the Iceni" to put at the disposal of the French players do not speak the language of Shakespeare.
Here is the link to load the translated file : http://dl.free.fr/getfile.pl?file=/o9wSn6lM

Thank you for this excellent mod. :thumbsup:
Regards.

I have an idea, would it possible to cut loose the items listed below from this MOD :)

Items to perhaps best create separate MOD for:
  1. Single unit formations made up of larger, easier to see units.
  2. Ability to disable unit buttons (toggle on the minimap menu).
  3. Added the Mod List screen to the Additional Information menu (shows loaded mods).
Reason being:
  • Maintain compatibility with other MODs (e.g. R.E.D. modpack - Link)
  • Easier to maintain future revisions
  • Clearer view on what each MOD actually does

Well...
What you think?
This is exactly what I accomplished myself :cool:

I was able to make out of this one 3 separate MODs...
I have attached them to the post :)
As always save them in your MODS dir and use in-game MOD browser to install them by clicking on the Install Mods button ;)

1. Queen of the Iceni (v 6)
  2. Mod List (v 2)
  3. Unit Icons Minimap Menu (v 2)
The version numbers might seem not incremental, I know, but that is just due to me trying out here locally first...

Attachments

• Mod List (v 2).civ5mod
    8.2 KB · Views: 123
  • Unit Icons Minimap Menu (v 2).civ5mod
    11.9 KB · Views: 129
  • Queen of the Iceni (v 6).civ5mod
    429 KB · Views: 196
Single unit display is the best part of this mod! Just makes the game 10x better.

Hi, first thx for this nice mod :)
Though i couldn't use it cause im using German Version, so i translated it.
Basically its a mixup of the German Wiki pages and the translation of the english Version (The German Original from Wikipedia sucks ;) )
I left the English version also in the xml and added the French version from lord_ugo

If someone finds mistakes in my Translation feel free to contact me.

Edit: I changed the name of Boudica's trait to "Blutrausch" (bloodlust) cause it sounds more aggressive in german.

Attachments

• IceniMultiLanguage.zip
    8 KB · Views: 130
Single unit display is the best part of this mod! Just makes the game 10x better.

I find it a bit awkward and seems to make useful info difficult to access. But to each his own. That's why there's diversity.

I finally got a chance to play as Boudica. I'd say she has quite the ideal rushing Civ, but I am wondering if it's too powerful. I realize it's all early, though, so it'll probably balance out. But I built a ton of Gallic Warriors, killed a bunch of barbs, and then upgraded them to Sons of M... Twice attacking Swordsmen that ignore terrain penalties are quite strong. I'm wondering if it's better to either remove them from the upgrade path (perhaps make Gallic Warriors replace Scouts, but have the same cost and stats) or change the complete heal to the Jaguar's 2HP heal (ideally, there should be a middle option, like +3 or 4 heal). I've had a weakened unit attack an exposed Archer and then attack the city. A couple of those and the city is gone.

Now I'm not playing on a terribly high difficulty level and I've never tried rushing Civs before, so it might not be the Celt's fault (it could just be that rushes happen to be a very easy strategy). I was wondering if anyone else had any thoughts? I intentionally put Alexander and Augustus on the map to see what would happen, but I only ran into one Hoplite. I'll comment again after I face Roman Legions.

Great mod, fun to play an early rush game - definitely overpowered. I produced nothing but warriors as I rushed IW, sending them out to get promoted, then upgraded them all to Sons of Morrigan.

The result was 2 teams of 3 sons, self healing, 2x attacking, terrain ignoring maniacs. 1 on each team had medic. Didn't even bother with ranged or generals, they would slow the Sons down.

Anyway 3 of them are 1 shotting cities (lol)

Kael, one thing.

There's one graphical detail of civilizations, besides the diplomatic scenes, that's only noticed if you're playing against them. Since you can't see what the cities of others are producing, that section of a city's name tag has the civilization's icon on it. But it's not the "bead" that appears in rankings, civ selection, Civilopedia, etc: it's the silhouette coloured in the civ's primary colour, matching the city name's font colour, and obviously has the secondary colour as background (which is the whole name tag).

Have you managed to mod this for the Celts?

I'm guessing this particular version of the icon uses a different atlas but the same PortraitIndex ID number. In my custom civs' case, each had an individual atlas for their "beads". The first slot (0) was used, like in the Celts' case, so it turns out they're using the silhouette icon of the Americans (who also take up the first slot, apparently in both vanilla atlases). At least until I can find this second atlas and properly edit it. Where is it? I read the graphic modding tools are rather buggy when it comes to extraction.

Top Bottom