1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Quest to build neurolab in city without firaxite

Discussion in 'CivBE - Bug Reports' started by roidesfoux, Nov 1, 2014.

1. roidesfoux

roidesfoux Chieftain

I just got the quest "Point of No Return Null". I am supposed to build a neurolab in Aintza. There is Firaxite within 3 tiles, but it was claimed by another of my cities, so Aintza can't actually build a neurolab.

Attached Files:

2. TLHeart

TLHeart Chieftain

I opened your save file, and the solution is very easy.

open the city screen for Aintza, then click on the tile with firaxite, and you have firaxite in the city that needs the neurolab... problem solved.

3. roidesfoux

roidesfoux Chieftain

That was the very first thing I tried. Neurolab still does not appear in the building list.

Attached Files:

4. TLHeart

TLHeart Chieftain

opened up your save file again, and you are correct, no nurolab in anitza, even though you have a workable firaxite within 3 tiles...

Strange...

5. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

The Firaxite tile is owned by Prosperite, which has already built a Neurolab. The game does not allow you to tile-share the same resource between cities for purposes of buildings that require that resource. Doesn't work in Civ V and doesn't work in BE. Only one city "owns" a tile for that purpose and it is the city closest to the resource tile. (Even if you scrap the Neurolab in Prosperite, you can't tile swap and build a Neurolab in Anitza.)

6. roidesfoux

roidesfoux Chieftain

New game, same bug, but even worse. I'm supposed to build a neurolab in Prospérité, but the closest firaxite is *8* tiles away.

Attached Files:

7. TLHeart

TLHeart Chieftain

now this one you can complete, maybe... you need the orbital fabricator, over unimproved tiles to generate the firaxite... no guarantee though. It is a 3rd ring leaf tech to get the fabricator.

8. Quineloe

Quineloe Chieftain

I'd like to know if Firaxis really thinks of this as the intended solution. I don't think so, since sometimes you get to build a Biomass Fuel plant that requires improved Algae in a city more than 3 tiles away from the coast.

9. TLHeart

TLHeart Chieftain

I will agree that there needs to be some adjustments to the city specific quests...

but the quests are also to get you to research a part of the web that you may not otherwise research.

Example. weather control, to get the weather satellite, which is attached to supremacy.

10. sprang

sprang Chieftain

I've done the "orbital fab to get oil" bit for coastal cities, which is fairly straightforward because you just put the satellite over the coast and the only strategic resource that can spawn coastal is oil. So it's not an unreasonable quest.

But Algae in inland cities is unreasonable. So is any land-based strategic resource quest because the odds of getting the resource you need on a land tile are very low. The quest will usually trigger on an earlier, older, larger city. By the time you have OrbFabs, those cities are working most of their tiles and are hemmed in on their landward sides. Since most cities have few unimproved tiles, and the satellite lasts 60+ turns, you're really only going to get one or two attempts before the game ends - so a wasted quest.

11. Ryoga

Ryoga Chieftain

That quest is broken in many other ways. For example even if you get that oil and complete the Supremacy path you get the affinity points but you still don't get the reward screen, and the quest won't be flagged as complete.

12. Naeces

Naeces Chieftain

All you have to do is create a trade route with another players city that has the needed resource and it will let you build the neurolab as long as the trade convoy stays active during the whole build. If your convoy dies or moves to a different city production on the lab will stop and you have to start over. The next quest in the chain is to launch a satellite or build a colony rover that instantly destroys the city.