QuestInfos and CvQuestManager

Padmewan

King
Has anyone tried playing with either of these, which look like they were primarily set up for the purpose of the tutorial, but look like they could (easily?) be repurposed for game quests/missions/survival conditions? Did a search of the forums, wikis, etc. and found nothing, so sorry if this repeats any previous questions.

:bump:

Well, if no one knows anything about quests, how about FEATS (like when you first hook up copper, or a health resource, or build a unit, or archer, etc...)

Feats? Where? I've been looking for the thing that controls those damned popups for a while!

Sadly no idea about quests BTW.

Look in CvAdvisorUtils.py

featPopup
populationFeat
unitBuiltFeat
buildingBuiltFeats
endTurnFeats

I have no idea what is calling these functions. I've done a preliminary search for featPopup, but more thorough investigation is necessary.

The all refer the structure FeatTypes.FEAT_(whatever)

No idea where FeatTypes is defined, either.

Padmewan said:
Look in CvAdvisorUtils.py

featPopup
populationFeat
unitBuiltFeat
buildingBuiltFeats
endTurnFeats

I have no idea what is calling these functions. I've done a preliminary search for featPopup, but more thorough investigation is necessary.

The all refer the structure FeatTypes.FEAT_(whatever)

No idea where FeatTypes is defined, either.

mmm, they are called from CvAdvisorUtils, which in turn is called from CvEventManager...

e.g.
EventManager:
00431: CvAdvisorUtils.buildingBuiltFeats(pCity, iBuildingType)

AdvisorUtils:
00199: def buildingBuiltFeats(pCity, iBuildingType):

Thanks for this - I was having problems with my new UnitCombatTypes causing all the unitBuilt feats to pop up as soon as I'd built one of them.

The Great Apple said:
Thanks for this - I was having problems with my new UnitCombatTypes causing all the unitBuilt feats to pop up as soon as I'd built one of them.

Ick, is this the thing where you build a Settler and you get 12 popups congratulating you on making the first X, Y, and Z of each type? That was a bugger early on in SotM.

woodelf said:
Ick, is this the thing where you build a Settler and you get 12 popups congratulating you on making the first X, Y, and Z of each type? That was a bugger early on in SotM.
Yes. Really annoying!

My next mission is to see if I can find the code which tells you a great person has been born... and kill it!

The Great Apple said:
Yes. Really annoying!

My next mission is to see if I can find the code which tells you a great person has been born... and kill it!

Glad I could be of help ;). As for GPs, I'm pretty sure those messages are generated from the C++ layer. Although, I guess, now that we have the SDK, it's probably findable... *mutters to himself*

Ok, that was easy.. In CvCity.cpp in the void CvCity::createGreatPeople() function...

e.g.
C:\Documents and Settings\Shin\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\CvGameCoreDLL_v161\CvGameCoreDLL\CvCity.cpp(891): szBuffer = gDLL->getText("TXT_KEY_MISC_GP_BORN", pGreatPeopleUnit->getNameKey(), getNameKey());

and
C:\Documents and Settings\Shin\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\CvGameCoreDLL_v161\CvGameCoreDLL\CvCity.cpp(900): szBuffer = gDLL->getText("TXT_KEY_MISC_GP_BORN", pGreatPeopleUnit->getNameKey(), getNameKey());

and line 905.

Belizan said:
e.g.
C:\Documents and Settings\Shin\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\CvGameCoreDLL_v161\CvGameCoreDLL\CvCity.cpp(891): szBuffer = gDLL->getText("TXT_KEY_MISC_GP_BORN", pGreatPeopleUnit->getNameKey(), getNameKey());

and
C:\Documents and Settings\Shin\My Documents\Visual Studio Projects\CvGameCoreDLL_v161\CvGameCoreDLL\CvCity.cpp(900): szBuffer = gDLL->getText("TXT_KEY_MISC_GP_BORN", pGreatPeopleUnit->getNameKey(), getNameKey());

and line 905.
Thanks - I was hoping it wasn't going to be in the SDK (like the feats). I'm at uni so I'm refraining from making SDK changes until I can actually compile them (in ~8 weeks).

Thanks anyway!

Thank you Belizan. I think we will make use of this ourselves.

Now, back to quests. Any ideas? Anyone using them?

Top Bottom