1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about AP

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Wacky_Warrior, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Wacky_Warrior

Wacky_Warrior Chieftain

I took the AP from WvO (see this thread about dumb AI moves for why: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=361848). I've never had the AP before (I prefer space, but I will take a dom win from time to time). Ever since then I've only ever had the "choose the occupant" resolution.

My question is: what specifically is required after taking the AP to have the option for a diplo win? :confused: I managed to figure out on my own that I needed to change state religions to match the AP religion (Judaism in this case), but since that change I've elected myself to residency twice (the only other voter is Suleiman, who is vassaled to me) but had no other choices. Do I need to have someone other than me and my vassals eligible to vote?

Thanks,
    WW.

2. David7

David7 Chieftain

You need all competitors to have at least one city of that faith.

3. ParadigmShifter

ParadigmShifter Random Nonsense Generator

You don't even need to run the AP religion as your state religion, in fact, it's a duff strategy for an early win ;)

Change to a religion no-one likes 1 turn before you build the AP then change to one everyone likes you with (or no state religion) after it is built.

4. Wacky_Warrior

Wacky_Warrior Chieftain

Thanks, folks. I'm actually trying for a dom win :crazyeye: (on an archipelago map, I must be mad), but if an early opportunity presents itself, I'll take it. I'm glad to know there's still much to learn in this game.

5. ParadigmShifter

6. Scoottr

Scoottr Prince

I don't think you get the hammer bonus though if it isn't your state religion do you? For the temple and monastary..

7. Silu

Silu Deity

Yes you do :)

8. ParadigmShifter

Correct, unless you get expelled for voting "Never!" on a vote that would have passed (and you get +5 unhappy in cities with the AP religion too if you do that).

9. David7

David7 Chieftain

Although hopefully you don't get overruled in an AP of an obscure religion of which you are the only candidate for elections, since you would probably just not choose to vote on that option.