Question about artemis' temple

dirtworm

Warlord
so before i finish building this i was wondering, it says that the wonder puts a temple in each city on the same continent that the wonder was built. what if i already have a temple in each of the cities. does it lose the maintenance cost?
i think there are other improvements/wonders that have a similar effect if i am not mistaken. how does that work...should i just sell all my temples?
i've been wondering this for years and never bothered to look into it...

The temple maintenance is paid by that wonder. If you want to sell your temples, remember that the ToA temples disappear when you learn Education, so prepare for some unhappiness. You would have to rebuild them if you sell them.

When I manage to get Sun Tzu, I always go through and sell all my barracks that pre-date it. I think that you have to pay for those. i remember it showing up as an expense somewhere so I started selling them off. If nothing else, you get some gold back for selling them.

I am trying to remember to sell them the turn before I get Sun's so I don't have to check every barracks in every city but I still forget once in a while.

@Darski: Sun Tzu's works the same way as Artemis. You don't have to pay maintenance on Barracks once you have Sun Tzu's. Selling off the barracks though can give you a lot of extra cash.

If you manage to hold off on researching Education (and eliminating all your Artemis Temples), and are able to build Cathedrals in your cities, I believe that you keep the cathedrals even when the temples disappear...

just some food for thought

Yeah, if you build cathedrals before the TOA makes all of your temples suddenly vanish, the cathedrals stay - but the temples need rebuilt for that extra shot of happiness.

If you manage to hold off on researching Education (and eliminating all your Artemis Temples), and are able to build Cathedrals in your cities, I believe that you keep the cathedrals even when the temples disappear...

Actually, I'm pretty sure you can do even better than that. I believe you can keep any cathedral you have started before the temples disappear, no matter how long it takes to complete it.

Top Bottom