Question about building queues

MMX5000

Chieftain
Is there any way to create a custom building queue that I can save and load up for any new city? With so many buildings to create for every new city, it can get annoying.

Is there any way to create a custom building queue that I can save and load up for any new city? With so many buildings to create for every new city, it can get annoying.
Well, there is the standard Civ feature that you can use to store and load a building queue, but you can only set up one that you can enter in an actual city.

Well, there is the standard Civ feature that you can use to store and load a building queue, but you can only set up one that you can enter in an actual city.

I was wondering the same thing as the OP and that's a shame - doing it in the city screen works fine in vanilla, but in C2C the quantity of buildings is so large, and so many are dependent upon other buildings or city vicinity resources or city size (all of which are good things btw) that the queues I set up and save are only marginally helpful, I never do manage to get a single build queue stored that saves me much time in other cities!

I was wondering the same thing as the OP and that's a shame - doing it in the city screen works fine in vanilla, but in C2C the quantity of buildings is so large, and so many are dependent upon other buildings or city vicinity resources or city size (all of which are good things btw) that the queues I set up and save are only marginally helpful, I never do manage to get a single build queue stored that saves me much time in other cities!
One plan I have (though there is a lot on my list so it won't be any time soon) is to make a separate UI for setting up building queues in which you can select any buildings and it will just ignore the ones on the list that it can't build in a specific city for which you select the queue (and doing that ignoring only when the time to build a specific building would come instead of when you select the queue so it can deal with dependencies).

Control 1, control 2 control 3 etc this saves build orders - it will still work when you load the game too.

This also works for units, they act as different control groups, so you can have control 2 for a certain group of units, and control 2 also for a build que.

The thing to remember is to end one build order on a prerequisite building. Then when its finished with that build order, you get a popup saying such and such building has completed. Then you will know, oh ok, its time for build order number: 4 or whatever.

My control group 1 is Your native culture building, then every building that gives +1 hammer starting from lowest cost till, this should fill up about 30 turns depending on game speed etc, then you can build storage pit/granary and have it timed out so that you don't grow to size 2 before building this. I then setup a control group 2 for the 2nd phase, finish cheap +1/+2 hammer buildings and then move onto +1 food buildings. When you discover new techs that unlock certain buildings, make changes to a build order in your newest city, save it (control group 1), then go through your other cities pressing 1 then right arrow key then 1 etc etc etc and if the city has already build some of the earlier buildings in that group, it doesn't matter it'll just continue on as usually but have the additional buildings included.

One plan I have (though there is a lot on my list so it won't be any time soon) is to make a separate UI for setting up building queues in which you can select any buildings and it will just ignore the ones on the list that it can't build in a specific city for which you select the queue (and doing that ignoring only when the time to build a specific building would come instead of when you select the queue so it can deal with dependencies).

WANT!!!!! That is exactly what is needed, my hands ache after setting up all my build queues, saving them to a #key, and then constantly amending them!

*cough* how much would it cost in bribes for you to move it up the list? :D :D

j/k :)

WANT!!!!! That is exactly what is needed, my hands ache after setting up all my build queues, saving them to a #key, and then constantly amending them!

*cough* how much would it cost in bribes for you to move it up the list? :D :D

One kiss

Wonderful idea. My wife wanted something along those lines for unit promos too...

:bowdown:

please move it up on your priority list a bit, if you may :drool:

Top Bottom