Question about city view

vanguard587

Chieftain
Is there a city view option where you can view all the improvements and buildings for a city in C&C conquests like there was in civ 1? I can't seem to find it.

yes. if you go to the city view where see all the workers and tiles and what the city is producing, you will see an eye in the right hand corner. Click that.

Unfortunately in C3C the feature with the eye only works for the epic game. It was screwed up by Firaxis for scenarios and mods. In earlier versions of Civ 3 it did work for scenarios and mods too, editet: but run into problems, when new improvements were added.

Well, I wouldn't say it worked with Scenarios and mods. You could view it, but it didn't always display the right things. Especially in a mod like DyP where there were a lot of additions.

I would not go so far as t o say they screwed it up. That implies they did not know what they were doing. They actually let it die on purpose. They chose to not spend the resource to implement the new items that came in C3C and that is why it does not work.

It's a good thing they removed it for mods. :p I played several mods when it was still available ... not ONE had the buildings right.

so you guys are saying the city view only works correctly in the main conquests game, and not for the scenarios or mods? dang...what a bummer

Not really.

Firaxis (as stated) decided not to update it. I believe it was an either/or. They could have focused on the gameplay for Conquests, or they could have fixed the artwork problems left over from VC3/PTW. Thankfully, they choose gameplay.

Honestly, you don't miss it. I haven't seen the palace improvement screen or the city view since Xmas that Conquests came out. I forgot about them by February.

Turner said:
I haven't seen the palace improvement screen or the city view since Xmas that Conquests came out. I forgot about them by February.
That is one thing they could have added in the editor.

Palace Improvement: yes/no.

I miss the palace view, it was nice. :)
And a lot of mods could have used it.

Top Bottom