1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

question about conquering cities.

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by chudd, Oct 19, 2009.

1. chudd

chudd Chieftain

i just got civ 3 again and i was wondering when i conquer cities of a population of 1. why do i automatically destroy them? when i used to play it i thought i could take them and turn them into my cities. if anyone knows the reason please tell me. thank you for your time.

2. Jokeslayer

Jokeslayer Dedicated

This feature didn't exist in the original game. It was introduced by one of the expansion packs. So I guess you didn't have those before and you do now.

3. chudd

chudd Chieftain

is there a way to get rid of it?

4. vmxa

vmxa Chieftain

It was actually introduced with a patch, you could play without patching up to that level. You would have to read the notes to find the one that has it. I cannot even remember, if came in Vanilla patch or PTW.

It is not the size, it is the culture. A size 1 town will not auto raze, if it has expanded it borders. It will not raze, if it is native to you. IOW the town was yours and you recapture it and it still has you nations citizen.

5. chudd

chudd Chieftain

thank you

6. vmxa

vmxa Chieftain

It was 1.16f patch fro vanilla.

7. Optional

Optional Chieftain

I don't know which version of the game you've got, chudd, but for Conquests an unofficial patch has been made that gets rid of the automatic city razing. The download can be found in the first post of this thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=327919.