Question about faith when not going for religious victory!

Cyberpunk

Chieftain
Hello!

So, im playing with Russia and plaining to go for science victory. I watched alot of youtube videos about Civilization VI and i know that even thou im going for science victory i should not forget about military (so i can defend myself from agressive civs) and culture which will help me progress my civic tree. But since im playing with Russia i get special building (Lavra) instead of Holy site. I want to take advantage of that. So my question is, what benefits im having from collecting faith when im running for science victory? Do i even benef of producing alot of faith? Where can i use it? Give me some tips or strategy.

P.S I know that i can use it to buy Great people, but theyre to expensive and i can only buy them with less faith when im near to recruit them by colecting great people points. Anything else that i can invest faith in?

As far as I can tell, the only way Religion can help with a Science victory would be if you chose things like Wats (3fa 2sc) and Jesuit Education (Buy Libraries and Universities with Faith).

Since Unique Districts are half-price and cost no population, you can have them at all your cities, so something like "Feed the World" could help give extra food to tundra cities.

But other than that I can't really see a lot of synergy.

As far as I can tell, the only way Religion can help with a Science victory would be if you chose things like Wats (3fa 2sc) and Jesuit Education (Buy Libraries and Universities with Faith).

Since Unique Districts are half-price and cost no population, you can have them at all your cities, so something like "Feed the World" could help give extra food to tundra cities.

But other than that I can't really see a lot of synergy.

Oh did not knew that you can buy Libraries and Universities with faith! Great information, thank you!
Feed the world , its that a Policy card?

You can only buy those buildings (and also Theater district buildings) with faith if the majority religion in a city has the Jesuit Education belief.

To add to the list, if you adopt the Theology government type, you can use faith to buy land combat units. Also, if you are Valletta's suzerain, you can faith-buy city center and encampment buildings (e.g., monuments, walls, barracks, granaries, water mills, sewers, etc.).

You can only buy those buildings (and also Theater district buildings) with faith if the majority religion in a city has the Jesuit Education belief.

To add to the list, if you adopt the Theology government type, you can use faith to buy land combat units. Also, if you are Valletta's suzerain, you can faith-buy city center and encampment buildings (e.g., monuments, walls, barracks, granaries, water mills, sewers, etc.).

Thank you very much! Now i know that i will take advantage of those Larva's since im playing with Russia.

Hello!

So, im playing with Russia and plaining to go for science victory. I watched alot of youtube videos about Civilization VI and i know that even thou im going for science victory i should not forget about military (so i can defend myself from agressive civs) and culture which will help me progress my civic tree. But since im playing with Russia i get special building (Lavra) instead of Holy site. I want to take advantage of that. So my question is, what benefits im having from collecting faith when im running for science victory? Do i even benef of producing alot of faith? Where can i use it? Give me some tips or strategy.

P.S I know that i can use it to buy Great people, but theyre to expensive and i can only buy them with less faith when im near to recruit them by colecting great people points. Anything else that i can invest faith in?

Theology for buying units, Valletta for purchasing city-centre and encampment buildings. It won't have much of an active effect for helping you towards a science victory, but the potential production saved can get you science buildings faster. The faster growth, from potentially earlier, granaries and water mills will also give you more population which also increases science yield.

Converting other cities to your religion can still be advantageous even if you're not going for the victory, if you have Tithe or Papal Primacy, for example. The extra gold for rush buying buildings, and papal primacy will turn your +2 science from city-states to +3.

Hello!

Uh easy.. Get Theology so you can buy land units for faith.
Anyone looks funny at you, you slam 5k faith into latest era units and wipe them off the face of the earth.

You can also use your faith to buy Apostles to help fend off other Relgions. Thus denying a Religious victory while going for a Science one.

I watched an excellent Russia game with FilthyRobot where he amassed over 2,000 faith for this ridiculous timing attack with Cossacks. He faith-bought the scariest army I've ever seen in a CiVI game thus far, formed corps with all of his Cossacks and absolutely steam-rolled his closest neighbor. Could be a fun strategy, and more cities from conquering means more campuses and industrial zones, which means a faster victory.

Faith is also useful for buying Great People, which will help accelerate the science victory a lot - especially those GP that accelerate the production part of the science victory (Korolev, von Braun, etc).

You can use the Apostle upgrade Heathen Conversion to give you the option to ignore amenity in conquered lands. This is good for heavy conquest games. Cities also get +1 amenity from religion, which is good for conquest. You don't necessarily need to found your own religion to pursue this strategy; you only need to make sure that nobody wins a religious victory. I play on Emperor Fractal maps and this strategy helps me win domination games on these unpredictable maps.
In culture victory, you need faith to hire naturalists to make national parks (if you do not have tiles for seaside resorts).
Science Victories are made so much easier if you can get all of the spaceship great people and high faith generation helps relieve some of the pressure off of production for generating Great People Points.

Let your faith build up until theology. Use the faith to build an army. With good strategy, that will be your army that you upgrade through the end game. After that, save up on faith to steal GP a turn or two before a competitor gets it.

I found that the most useful bit is having access to Inquisitors thus effectively denying an AI religious victory. Everything else is so and so

Top Bottom