Question About FORTRESSES

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by Troyens, Jan 8, 2002.

1. Troyens

Troyens Warlord

I was playing the mod I downloaded from this site - Realistic Starting Nations. Good mod, even though there are too many barbarians.

I have a lot of fortresses built, and they look like square castles on the tiles.

Then, 1600 AD comes. . . and every fortress changes it's look from the castle-like thing to something flatter and more open appearing.

My workers can still build fortresses but not on fortress tiles, and the ones they build look like this new thing, the one that first appeared in 1600 AD.

I assume it was just a modernizing of the look of the fortress. BUT I'M NOT SURE. (They were not made obsolete?).

I can't find a reference to this in the rules or strategy book. Perhaps I missed it. (?).

Clarifications are welcome.

2. Talar

Talar Warlord

Fortress graphics change with technology advancement just like your cities.

3. Troyens

Troyens Warlord

Good. :)

I wish the Rules or Strategy books made that clear.

4. kring

kring Asst Cook & Bottle Washer

Me too. It was weird the first time I saw a new fortress after the way the ones I had built had been looking. I have not seen it reported anywhere.

5. Salvor

Salvor Warlord

It happens when you reach a new age. Cities change their look too, so it kind of makes sense from that perspective. It also affects workers, laborers, advisors, leaders (both civ leaders and GLs), some improvements, and I think settlers too.

6. Dirk Aurel

Dirk Aurel Warlord

Yeah settlers too,but think it´s plain to see that a castle turns into a bunker,even on my 15".

7. loki

loki Warlord

The graphics are very good in this game. But... The fortresses look different in the middle age depending on your civ : chinese fortresses are different than german ones. However, when you move to the industrial ages, they all have this star shape, and then green bunkers in modern times.

loki