question about graphiccard

GeneralZed

look around...
I want to buy a Gforce 6800 gt or a radeon x850 pro. They are completely the same apart from the core clock (geforce 350mhz/radeon 500mhz), number of pixel pipelines (gf 16/rad 12) and price (gf €249/rad €222).

Now, which one to get? And my computer is quite old with a processor of 2.7ghz from intel, would it be enough to run both? Should I also buy a new processor?

well, if you are also going to be using linux on your computer, diffinally go with the 6800. but if not.... hmmmm, i really don't know, its a really hard choice. I'd say the Radeon

what are your system specs, btw?

Either one is pretty good, and I'd say go for whichever is cheapest.

Soon Comraddict will show up and rant about Shader Model 3.0 only being supported by the 6800GT.
The advantage of SM3.0 Depends on your screen resolution, IMO, as with those cards you'll have to reduce the graphics options anyway in the high-end games using it (thus negating the point of supporting it in the first place) at about 1280x1024 and higher.

CPU: 2.7ghz
Graphic CArd: Radeon 9100
motherboard: somethign from gigabyte with pci and agp slots
120gb mem
512mb ram

Well, now I decided to get a 7800gs from a cheap brand called Sparkle. I just ask myself now wether my processor will take up with the gcard^'s power...

Radeon X850 is obsoleted product like dannyevilcat pointed out.

You're safer with nvidia- drivers, stability, heating.

Top Bottom