Question about grievances when your ally is attacked

Stringer1313

Emperor
I am playing a game where Peter declared war on my ally, which generated 50 grievances in my favor against Peter, and of course since it was my ally then I was automatically at war with Peter. I then decided I would take as many of Peter's cities as I could so as to even out the 50 grievances. However, I took two cities, and each time I kept the city, it said that my taking the city generated ZERO grievances. I thought this was a mistake and that after he officially ceded the cities to me, Peter would gain grievances against me. But that didn't happen.

If someone declares war on your ally, does that mean you get to completely destroy their civ with zero grievances repercussions? Or is this a bug?

I am playing a game where Peter declared war on my ally, which generated 50 grievances in my favor against Peter, and of course since it was my ally then I was automatically at war with Peter. I then decided I would take as many of Peter's cities as I could so as to even out the 50 grievances. However, I took two cities, and each time I kept the city, it said that my taking the city generated ZERO grievances. I thought this was a mistake and that after he officially ceded the cities to me, Peter would gain grievances against me. But that didn't happen.

If someone declares war on your ally, does that mean you get to completely destroy their civ with zero grievances repercussions? Or is this a bug?
Yeah, I think it's an oversight. The grievances should be less maybe there should be some.

Top Bottom