1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about Legalism

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by PoweredBySoy, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Polycrates

Polycrates Emperor

Hanging Gardens definitely favours early Legalism, I think, since going straight for maths means it's going to be a loooooong time before you get to Philosophy, and you're likely to really want Monarchy very soon as well. And the 15% growth from Tradition finisher is going to be great in your HG city. Probably Tradition->Legalism->Aristocracy->Monarchy as the order.
    HG is a really good wonder, but it's a big sacrifice because it's a lot of beakers down a pretty terrible opening tech path, so if you race for it your empire is going to suffer along the way and if you miss it, it's pretty much game over. Great if you've got a really nice production city or a Tradition capital, otherwise probably not worth it, I think.

2. bhavv

bhavv Glorious World Dictator

In my current game I reached my 5th policy pick just 2 turns before I completed researching philosophy :x

Next time I must remember to enable policy saving, /doh!

That is cruel, I had to take republic instead.