Question about Moo2 Multiplayer

samzonx

Chieftain
So i just got Moo2 today, my sister found it earlier and showed me and i tried it for about an hour - instantly hooked and addicted, i love this game! its amazing. anyway, so we decided to set up a dosbox - hamachi ipxn and got it working perfectly fine, no kinks.

I have a question about the acutal GAMEPLAY, inside hotseat/networking games. HOW DO WE INTERACT? we can destroy each other, attack and bomb each others colonies, but we can't trade, ally, form pacts, or anything of the sort? why not? am i doing something wrong here??? and i havent see anyone mention this so i feel stupid ;_;

Also is there any mod that can increase the size of the playing feild & planet generations (im guessing not since they have fixed names and their pools are used in huge, but maybe those can be generated too)? huge could be bigger, as somone pointed out ^^

So i just got Moo2 today, my sister found it earlier and showed me and i tried it for about an hour - instantly hooked and addicted, i love this game! its amazing. anyway, so we decided to set up a dosbox - hamachi ipxn and got it working perfectly fine, no kinks.

I have a question about the acutal GAMEPLAY, inside hotseat/networking games. HOW DO WE INTERACT? we can destroy each other, attack and bomb each others colonies, but we can't trade, ally, form pacts, or anything of the sort? why not? am i doing something wrong here??? and i havent see anyone mention this so i feel stupid ;_;

If either of you have selected the trait called "Repulsive" you will not be able to trade or form treaties with anyone. You could still attack another. I can see no other explanation.

Also is there any mod that can increase the size of the playing feild & planet generations (im guessing not since they have fixed names and their pools are used in huge, but maybe those can be generated too)? huge could be bigger, as somone pointed out ^^

There is an unofficial editor (written by a man called Gonsalez) that allows you to modify races, add or remove planets and stars and change quite a few other things. I downloaded mine years ago and have no idea where to find it on the internet.

Does anyone know where this mod can be downloaded?

There is an unofficial editor (written by a man called Gonsalez) that allows you to modify races, add or remove planets and stars and change quite a few other things. I downloaded mine years ago and have no idea where to find it on the internet.

Does anyone know where this mod can be downloaded?

I'm not familiar of that editor or person, but it sounds like it might be an editor to use with a saved game. I've not tried any of the save game editors yet. This site lists many different modding programs developed for MOO2, the editor you are looking for might be one of these.

http://lordbrazen.blogspot.com/2005/01/download.html

If not, it's a great site and you might have some luck there finding that editor from somebody there.

Yes it does include the editor I was referring to! Thanks scratch.

It is the Corion editor listed on the website you linked.

There is a lot on that site. Thank you for the link.

I recall Garth on Apolyton mention that editor. If it is the one you are looking for it was called Mpot. This was maybe 8 years ago.

I did get my editor about 8 years ago, via an Apolyton reference. I think (not sure) Mpot is a different editor from the one I am using (Corion).

Yes it does include the editor I was referring to! Thanks scratch.

It is the Corion editor listed on the website you linked.

There is a lot on that site. Thank you for the link.

Hey, glad I was able to help. Once I get my MOO2 mod to where I am satisfied with how it works, I'll have to look into the save game editing. Those are able to change things which the game editors I've been using are not able to. I might be able to find a way to transfer that info into the game mod so it works at the start of a game. Who knows?

Top Bottom