1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice

[Vanilla] Question about nukes

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Strategy & Tips' started by Phoenix Master, Sep 27, 2021.

1. Phoenix Master

Phoenix Master Chieftain

What are all the different ways to use nuclear and thermonuclear devices?

2. Planktonic

Planktonic Warlord

You can launch them from bombers/jet bombers; from nuclear submarines (not sure if a regular submarine will deliver a nuke or not); from missile silos that you build in your territory with military engineers.

I think that's it; have only used nukes in a handful of games so there may be other wrinkles....

3. Phoenix Master

Phoenix Master Chieftain

I hope this doesn't sound strange, but how do you get the nuke from the city that built it to the missile silo.

4. Planktonic

Planktonic Warlord

You don't need to do anything specific- any nuke that you build is available simultaneously to any of your launch sites/mechanisms. You don't need to specify any specific spatial location for the nuke.

I always make sure to build at least one bomber or silo before building a nuke, though. Not sure what would happen if you build a nuke but have no extant means of delivering it- I am always afraid the game may just delete the device in that case. Don't know if this happens but I've never taken the chance.

5. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

They just count as resources so sit at the top of your screen unusable until you can build a postal service to deliver them.

6. HiRezAudio

HiRezAudio Prince

:lol:
    Never thought of it that way before, but it sums it up perfectly

7. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

There was an HK thread where we were talking about modern ways to use faith, I mentioned there that modern fanatics could be a useful resource in many ways, a postal service for nukes could be another.