Question about Octopus Overlords

beboy

Ut tensio sic vis
Hello, I posted this question on the mod thread, but I think it was unnoticed.

I'm playing as the Kuriotates and have chosen Octopus Overlords as State Religion. I've read on Civ4wiki that this religion allows to turn settlement into an island, but I haven't catch the way to do it. :confused: Does anyone knows how it could be done?

Thanks

I have no idea what you are talking about. That is definately not an effect of the OO state religion. You could, however, use an Archmage with water III to cast Tsunami on the tiles around your settlement repeatedly. This spell has a small chance (10%, I think) of turning a land tile into coast.

Hi beboy, as Magister say I have no idea about this change with this religion but The Lanuns civ can change some coastal areas...

like the pirate den or coven (do not remeber)...

Try also the rise of maniac mod for ffh, they are also some changes for the coastal and water areas..

Hope I help u a little bit

The wiki said that with waterIII you can cast tsunami to prefent a landwar. Nothing automaticly. And since you can build hema its more easy to do it and with highpriests and inquisitors

Thanks both! At least I won't waste time anymore to find an hidden button to flood the land!

I will try the Archmage thing when I'll get there.
I didn't considered playing the Lanuns before, but this feature seems interesting...

yes, especially with lakes playing lanuns, if you have a light house then a nearby lake gives 4f 2c, not to shabby tile. so why not make that little lake a bit bigger with tsunami. of course you need to stop at about 9 blocks, it turns into a sea if it gets to big.

You dont need to stop anytime, just make sure it is always only 2 tiles wide so there is no space to become ocean. It's a good idea to build like channels through your land to allow easy troop transport even in war as the enemy cant get ships there easily and land units cant prevent ship movement, and as with lanun and lighthouses it gives so much food you can become a true science powerhouse

Unfoutunately, Tsunami doesn't destroy land anymore in BtS FfH. No more terraforming :(

wrecking havoc on units on a coastal tile ? A bit limited though, I agree.

There are a million ways to wreak havoc, but none to sink your enemies.

In Memoriam, tsunami

What fun we had when we made a ditch around the khazad and they couldn't make ships to cross it as they had no cities on the coast.
My archmages and summoners miss you really much as djinns and meteors can no longer bomb those *****s to obvilion without them intervening.
R.U.P. (Rest UnPeace, hope you will be back, maybe in some other form but back...):run:

And those ****s are not filtered but i didn't have a good word to call them

ill prolly make a modmod with terraforming spells at some point, but the staged way (kills 2 population each time first, then lowers terrain from mountain to hill to plains to water after city is destroyed) not the 15% chance of instant destruction heh

ill prolly make a modmod with terraforming spells at some point, but the staged way (kills 2 population each time first, then lowers terrain from mountain to hill to plains to water after city is destroyed) not the 15% chance of instant destruction heh

Have you ever considered the possibility of cliffs ? A next-to-water-tile to where you cannot disembark. I thought of it a couple of weeks ago, and wondered whether it would be implementable.

Also thought of what strategy it would bring in - coastal city that cant build ships, coastlines "ridges/peaks", where you can move on land but cannot access the seas, etc.

Have you ever considered the possibility of cliffs ? A next-to-water-tile to where you cannot disembark. I thought of it a couple of weeks ago, and wondered whether it would be implementable.

Also thought of what strategy it would bring in - coastal city that cant build ships, coastlines "ridges/peaks", where you can move on land but cannot access the seas, etc.

if there are clifs then it would limit coastal cities from building boats. would that also stop them from working water tiles? i see that more as a disadvantage, although in some situations it could be a defence against invasion. there could be a few challenges, how would the AI deal with it? what would you do if you started on an island with only clifs? or the last AI was on a island that you can't get to because of clifs.

Good points. Maybe a better design would be to have them work like rivers ? They give you a significant defense bonus if attacked through them, but they are reachable. A promotion (Guerilla II ?) would ignore this bonus.

I had an idea of plateaus that could be like plains but elevated and crossing the cliffs would give some bonus/penalty like:
2 movement cost for crossing the cliffs
+25% defense for units on top of the cliff
+25% for archers on the cliff
or like that, so cliffs bordering water or rivers would give a hideous defense bonus making those places interesting city spots.

Top Bottom