Question about plains with workshop

Bobah

Chieftain
I have been playing a Noble-level game and while spying against the Incan AI civ (Huayna Capac) noticed it had placed several workshops on plains tiles (all next to a river). These tiles are producing 5 hammers per turn. The game is in the classical level so how did the AI manage to do this?

I have looked at combo's of civs/techs/buildings and have yet to figure out how to recreate the 5 hammer plains/river workshop.

Any help would be much appreciated.

+ 2 :hammers: for plains, +1 :hammers: for WS, +1 :hammers: Tech or Civic
increases production of WS, +1 :hammers: for levee. ?
Just a guess.

Plains have an inherent hammer. A workshop adds a hammer, that's two. With Guilds the workshop get's another hammer, that's three. With Chemistry the workshop get's another hammer, that's four. A levee will add a hammer to all riverside tiles, that's five.

A levee will add a hammer to all riverside tiles, that's five.

Except you can't build a levee until the Industrial Era and he mentioned it was in the classical period. But Caste System now gives an extra Hammer for Workshops I believe. Chance are he was probably in a Golden Age as well.

Except you can't build a levee until the Industrial Era and he mentioned it was in the classical period. But Caste System now gives an extra Hammer for Workshops I believe. Chance are he was probably in a Golden Age as well.

plains/caste/workshop/GA is still only 4 hammers though. Strictly speaking, guilds is also not in the classical age. It's possible the target was medieval though, and in fact had guilds.

Thanks for the help. I will see if I can replicate the feat. I believe the Incan AI has both Chemistry and Guilds. He may be going through a Golden Age, but wouldn't I have seen a message stating "Incans begin Golden Age" or something?

I'm still learning this game, so I sometimes miss the obvious, like looking at messages. Once again, thanks for the help in understanding what I can do to get the most production out of my plains/river tiles.

That's true. I forgot about Caste, but he couldn't get to guilds and chmiestry and still be in the classical age. However, I'm not sure the OP was completely certain about what era it actually was. So, with riverside/plains/workshop/caste/guilds/chem/GA/levee, the tile would be worth a whopping 7 hammers! Add SP and it would have one slice of food as well. A very powerful late game improvement indeed.

Thanks for the help. I will see if I can replicate the feat. I believe the Incan AI has both Chemistry and Guilds. He may be going through a Golden Age, but wouldn't I have seen a message stating "Incans begin Golden Age" or something?

Well, chemistry 1, guilds 1, caste system 1, workshop 1, plains 1, makes 5 hammers, no problem.

I will check to see if he is using caste system.

Plus, one of the previous posters is probably correct about me stating the incorrect era. I guess I should probably start making a note of the details before asking. It would help you when answering my questions. My apologies.

Top Bottom