1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about saving

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Multiplayer' started by oPunchDrunko, Oct 19, 2010.

1. oPunchDrunko

oPunchDrunko Prince

Can you save the game against a human opponent and continue the game another time?

2. oPunchDrunko

oPunchDrunko Prince

Does anybody know?

3. Kaar

Kaar Chieftain

Currently, your only saves from MP are autosaves. You'll just have to keep track of how often your machine Autosaves (this is able to be changed by you), and then end your game session after one of those autosaved turns.

4. Alki

Alki Prince

Try using Ctrl-S,

5. Hank Fluba

Hank Fluba Chieftain

You can hit control+s which will bring up the save game and save the game anytime you want with any name you want. However, to load that game and continue it, you will have to rename the file with the prefix Autosave_ (look at the file names of the autosaves to ensure yours matches) prior to what ever other gibberish you want to call the file. Once you rename it, it has to be placed in the My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\saves\multi\auto folder. (I'm pretty sure that's the correct path, but can't be sure as I'm at work right now!) Then you can load the MP game and have your human opponents rejoin and start playing again.

Hope that helps!

6. oPunchDrunko

oPunchDrunko Prince

But what if you load the game and the human opponet isnt there? Will he be replaced with an AI opponent?

7. Rachsucht

Rachsucht Chieftain

When you load the game, you will not be able to start it until every human player who was originally in the game joins you in the staging room.

Gotta say, I'm terribly disappointed in the MP in Civ5....

8. smash9936

smash9936 Chieftain

Had a question regarding saving/loading in Civ 5. I have this problem when loading a saved multiplayer game with my friend where I will load it (in LAN), have them join the game and launch it fine, but when the game is fully loaded, we get dropped from each other's games (like it'll show I disconnected in her game, and she disconnected in mine when we did not click or touch anything), but the game still plays and continues from that point with us technically in two different games from that point. Anyone else have this issue? Is there a fix?

9. turingmachine

turingmachine Emperor

That's happened to me about 50% of the time I've tried to load a MP game. The only option to reload it again and hope it doesn't happen.