1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about steam systems.

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Technical Support' started by Ossian, Sep 17, 2010.

1. Ossian

Ossian Warlord

I was wondering if I bought retail or from another online site and I activate my steam account for Civ5, can I download it from steam then?

I'm wondering because I'm going with the D2D deal but I really don't like that site, so I would enjoy using steam after the initial download if I ever want to redownload. Seems to me it would be possible correct?

2. Tylerryan79

Tylerryan79 Emperor

Yes you can download it. Its tied to your steam account, and you will be able to download it on any pc, as long as you know your account name and password.

Edit: I went through D2D(first time ever), and all they do is give you a key, then you enter it in steam, and download through steam. The only thing you download through D2D is Civ III.

3. Grunthex

Grunthex Prince

Not only CAN you download it from Steam, you HAVE to. It's a Steamworks game. All D2D is selling you is a key to access it on Steam (not to criticize D2D, grab one of their $10 off coupons that show up every two weeks it seems, and go for it!)