Question about the Luichirp

orangelex44

Partisan
WHY are the Luichirp Good? What is their motivation?

All the other Good people (exception of Decius, who's a special case anyway) have clear reasons for it.

Basium's an angel.

The Bannor both survived hell AND are led by an angel.

The elves are either neutral OR reacting to the evil actions of their Svartalfar counterparts.

The Malakim are led by a divinely inspired elf.

The Kuriotates are led by a literal living weapon made to defeat evil.

Unless I missed something, the Luichirp don't have any clearly defined reason to be fighting for Good. "Just because they can" isn't really a good reason, and neither is "because they aren't directly involved) because golems seem to require lots of time, love, and work that would be a large sacrifice to give up in battle. So why, then?

the god of their sphere (enchantment) is good, also they were the only civ to try to stop the illians from raising mulcarn, which would influence them because they are trying to recreate their culture

Their golems do require a lot of love, time and effort to build. But handing them still allows the Luchuirp to maintain a certain distance from the harshness of the world. They are the idealistic good, isolated enough (and decent enough in internal temperment) to believe in doing the right thing and strong enough to occasionally make the call to do it.

Sending their golems into war allows them to stay in their busy workshops and untainted by the tragedies of the world. They appreciate the Elohim's paintings and beautiful poetry as much as the Elohim appreciate their carving and inscriptions. They enjoy working as toy makers in busy Kuriotate cities. They don't really understand the Bannor or vice versa and dont have a lot of exposure to the Malakim beyond occasional trading.

Among the other alignments they are more likely to get along with the Khazad and the Balseraphs then they are the Bannor (and definitly better than the Mercurians).

They dont want the war, but they are not cowards. They are good because their hearts and their society allows it. They are the dwarves who loved men the most and stayed near them. They wouldnt want to fight with anyone, though they probably dislike the Clan, Sheaim and Infernals the most.

So they're actually a "good" people, not just a "Good" people?

I mean, the Good guys seem to have an issue with exactly how much interference they should have with the reat of the world. On one end are the Bannor and Basium; the other end has the Elohim and Good Elves. The Luichurp seem to have hit a good balance.

Although that part about getting along with the Balseraphs is a bit odd; however, I never really saw the Balseraphs as really "evil". Just materialistic and self-centered to the nth degree. I suppose the Balseraph would be the best market for Luichirp doodads.

Anyway, thanks Kael for the quick answer.

And the Balseraph have a love of tricks and "toys", so the fair relations probably comes from cetain similar intrests. (after all, remember the Puppets)

By the definition of Good as "Against evil gods", which is what good means in FFH, they are good though. They had the only army that could march all the way to the Illian capital in a short amount of time and over such bad terrain.

That leads me to another question, do any of the Luchuirp remember the war against the Illians by the time of the age of Rebirth and if so, do they regret not being unable to stop them?

That's the thing, though - the Luichirp sound as if they're actually "good", too.

I'd have to say yes, although they don't remember any details. Probably along the lines of "Yeah, back in me grandpap's day, we did dis incredibly courageous thing and saved da world. I mean, sure Mulcarn come back, and dere was a bit o' a rough patch, but if we hadn't been dere t'would've been worse, eh?"

That's the thing, though - the Luichirp sound as if they're actually "good", too.

I'd have to say yes, although they don't remember any details. Probably along the lines of "Yeah, back in me grandpap's day, we did dis incredibly courageous thing and saved da world. I mean, sure Mulcarn come back, and dere was a bit o' a rough patch, but if we hadn't been dere t'would've been worse, eh?"

Well I dunno, because they were their Mulcarn was able to create Ice Golems.

(oh and Darksaber1 I don't take things such as that wrong life is too short so I *try* not to let little things bother me ;) )

you really cant blame the luchurip for the ice golems, they were underground at the time, barnaxus made the ice golems but as i understand it that was before he became sentient

Ok they may be good in that they are against evil. But I dont think they are on the same level as the Elohim or Kuriotates. I think Kael had a post somewhere where he listed all civs from the best to the worst. Dont remember where it is, though.

you really cant blame the luchurip for the ice golems, they were underground at the time, barnaxus made the ice golems but as i understand it that was before he became sentient

Barnaxus became sentient when Mulcarn empowered him.

There is more than one kind of good and more than one kind of evil -- unless you're from the Mercurian civ yourself, in which there are only Orders From Heaven.

Barnaxus became sentient when Mulcarn empowered him.

As I recall, he was ordered to make ice golems by Mulcarn. Would you turn down a request by a god that was standing right next to you?

All "good" civs have something about them that is evil. For the Bannor it is the Inquisition. What is the 'evil' that the luchuirp have?
@Orangelex44: In the AoI pedia entry it says something along the lines of: "Mulcarn whispered "Make me more" "As you command", was Barnaxus reply. This seems to fit whith what Barnaxus told the luchuirp that 'An old man whispered to me in the wilderness and I awoke."

In the AoI pedia entry it says something along the lines of: "Mulcarn whispered "Make me more" "As you command", was Barnaxus reply. This seems to fit whith what Barnaxus told the luchuirp that 'An old man whispered to me in the wilderness and I awoke."

I would think that Barnaxus, when turned sentient, would very much know the difference between "man" and "god"...

As for the Luichirp's evil/flaw, they can tend to be very removed from the world. Sure, they tend to do "good" things with their golems, but since their actions don't directly affect themselves they are extremely susceptible to corruption.

Top Bottom