1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about trade

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by MinnesotaRuss, Apr 21, 2017.

1. MinnesotaRuss

MinnesotaRuss Warlord

I am in a game in which I have a choice of a good deal of gold per turn if every city trades with Zanzibar or perhaps trading with other civs. 1) Is there anything wrong with always trading with the same city state or 2) is there some kind of benefit to trading with other civs?

2. The Islander

The Islander Chieftain

I'm certainly no expert, but from what i can tell, there is nothing wrong with trading with the same CS, in fact unless one of their quests is to send a trade route, i don't think it makes a difference which city state you trade with. The second part, you get gold, +diplo, some sight (on the map), and a road to the other civ (useful in times of war!). Don't forget that internal trade routes give growth and production, which you want to focus on is up to you.

3. Sumorex

Sumorex Warlord

One potential problem with sending all of your trade routes to a single city is your trader units tend to cluster together on the map giving barbarians and other civilizations the opportunity to inflict unduly large harm in a short order. It is a very small flaw, but it is irritating losing multiple trade routes at once.

The Islander mentions most of the advantages to opening trade routes with other civilizations. If you're playing for a cultural victory, trade routes also increase the flow of tourism from the nation to yours.

4. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

Any Civ you have a trade route going to gives you a +2 (I think) relationship modifier. Not huge, but can actually make a noticeable difference at times when you need that little bit of extra help to keep them onside. Ironic of course, given (Egypt aside) they don't get anything out of that trade! Well...other than a road to you ;)
    As no doubt you know early game is about building roads making internal trade routes the main focus; and they stay that way with the stronger production you get from them. But when you can sharing the TR's around does have it's advantages.