Question about Victory Conditions

Redaxe

Emperor
I wouldn't do this but if I was to turn off every Victory option except for domination would that change the personality of peaceful Civs like Brazil, Egypt & Babylon into aggressors?

Nope. AIs would follow their own flavor settings regardless of victory conditions. Which is why it's a really bad idea to turn any condition off.

As far as I know each civ has a special number describing its victory ambition. Is there a mod where all the civs have this number maximized?

As far as I know each civ has a special number describing its victory ambition. Is there a mod where all the civs have this number maximized?

It is more than one number as their are values for each Behavior. Setting them all to an equally high number would make the AI function without a clear priority. This would mean that seemingly random choices would be made. I am not aware of any Mod that only changes the integer values of AI behaviors as if it were a Speaker you wanted turned up to 11.

Afaik, and I may be wrong on that, civs' flavors come with a random factor that is applied to them at game start. In other words, Hiawatha the Expansionist will always be an expansionist, though he may be a little more aggressive or a little more passive in different games.

Again I'm not sure but it should be possible to mod the flavors without much effort since such things are said to be stored in xml files.

I wonder if that relies on the modding and programming of the ais because ais can he programmed to act a different way when the default victory condition that that particular ai has is disabled.

I think if you disable cultural victory Pedro of Brazil still will be focusing on tourism just for the hell of it. In a way, AI is like a child - he just likes to play, he does not know he could win

Afaik, and I may be wrong on that, civs' flavors come with a random factor that is applied to them at game start. In other words, Hiawatha the Expansionist will always be an expansionist, though he may be a little more aggressive or a little more passive in different games.

Again I'm not sure but it should be possible to mod the flavors without much effort since such things are said to be stored in xml files.

You can Mod a numerical value in under 5 minutes with an hour or two of Internet Videos on XML coding...it is pretty easy actually.

Top Bottom