Question about Victory Wonders

Mesix

The Allfather
Are victory wonders unique like world wonders, or are multiple factions allowed to build each like a national wonder?

In my current game, one of the other players has completed the Beacon. I can DOW to prevent her from winning, but I'm not sure what the best course of action will be in the war. I have a few questions...

1. If I conquer her capital and gain control of the Beacon, will I keep this wonder?

2. If so, it is unique (see above world/national wonder) and will keeping it prevent anyone else from achieving this victory?

3. Would it be better to destroy the Beacon? This might be easier than taking her capital.

1) No, and you will only 'stall' her Contact Victory until she builds a new beacon someplace else in her territory. Then her counter resumes. The same is true for the three affinity planetary improvements.

2) Every player/AI can build/have ONE planetary improvement of each of those 4 within borders, as long as all the prerequisites are fulfilled.

3) You can settle for destroying the Beacon, but she's likely to start building a new one as in my response in 1).

In any case, a delay of say 15-20 turns might be enough for you to achieve your victory. :)

That's what I figured, but the in game pedia entry and information I could find were not very clear.

Thanks for the quick response.

Top Bottom