Question about World Congress

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Chrltrn, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Chrltrn

Chrltrn Chieftain

So I was just playing a game, 12 civ (down to 11 at the point where this "problem" came up).

I'm running the mods from here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=528034

I did the automatic install, but I don't love the EUI so I deleted it from my DLC folder, and switched the CBP - Compatibility Mod (No-EUI Version) in for the (EUI Version)

Anyways, my issue: World Congress starts, three proposals are Ethiopia: World Relgion, Civ 2: World Peace or whatever, Civ 3: Embargo Ottomans.

Every single civ put all of their delegates to "Nay" for Embargo. Even the civ that proposed it. My single "Nay" for world peace made it fail, and Ethiopia (who had the most delegates at 5, everyone else but Arabia (2) had only 1) didn't cast a single "Yea" for their own proposal... it failed with 0 votes for or against. I thought this was weird but, w/e, maybe they really didn't want the embargo and the player who proposed it's mind changed. I kept playing.

World congress starts to roll around again and Ethiopia tries to trade me gold for votes AGAINST their own proposal for world religion again. This can't be working as intended.

Any ideas what might be going on? Or has anyone noticed similar behaviour?

2. Dallandra

Dallandra Chieftain

Stances on things change. I've seen this happen quite a bit myself. I doubt it's not intentional.

3. Chrltrn

Chrltrn Chieftain

Two world congresses in a row voting against their own proposal? I dun tink soo....

4. grmagne

grmagne Warlord

I'm also noticing that a single vote can often win 2 out of 3 proposals because every AI likes to concentrate their votes into a single issue. Not always, but often enough to be questionable.

5. Der_Zorn_gottes

Der_Zorn_gottes King

It is several Versions back, but then Ethipia also had no clear agenda for the WC. They would propose a Resolution, and if it passes, repeal it the next time around.

6. Wario Mario

Wario Mario Warlord

I proposed the passport system and everyone universally voted it down with every delegate, Every time.

I eventually managed to get so many delegates that I had more then the rest of the world combined. And the game still declared the proposal failed.

7. PandorasActor

PandorasActor Chieftain

Been noticing some weird WC activity here too. Sometimes Civs are voting down their own proposals for no clear reason. Could just be beyond me, but England seems to have a very conflicted foreign policy agenda :p

8. Svonn

Svonn Chieftain

Also noticed weird AI behaviour regarding sanctions, they seem to prioritize downvoting them above anything else sometimes. Sometimes they suggest enacting their (world-)ideology but don't put a single point on "yay" because they have to downvote some sanctions that wouldnt really affect them at all.

9. hokath

hokath King

I did notice this in my last game also. I wonder what the cause is.

10. Der_Zorn_gottes

Der_Zorn_gottes King

Hehe, last game I voted with one vote on a proposal that I really didn`t like, to appease the proposer (I had very few votes and wasn`t a factor in the world congress).
    Turns out, all AIs, including the proposer, spent their votes on voting something else down, that said proposal was passed based on my single vote.
    I outsmarted myself.

11. IcyAngel

IcyAngel Prince

Players and AIs shouldn't be forced to choose a proposal if none fit their interests.
    Too often I have to push a dummy proposal, and either vote against it or ignore it altogether.

12. Chrltrn

Chrltrn Chieftain

So it's not just me then lol. I was actually hoping it was a mistake I made during installation but it seems to be a wider issue.